java.io.StreamCorruptedException exception Chronicle-Queue

Fatih Dönmez

Dec 11, 2015, 3:56:09 AM12/11/15
to Chronicle
Hi,

During multiple write and read operation on chronicle queue we somehow get an exception; Same object is created and used for write operation so data should valid (it worked for more than 1M write)

Exception in thread "AsyncWorker-3" java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: UTF length invalid -2097152 remaining: 6
at net.openhft.lang.io.AbstractBytes.readInstance(AbstractBytes.java:2081)
at net.openhft.lang.io.AbstractBytes.readEnum(AbstractBytes.java:1930)
at com.intellica.evam.sdk.engine.event.RawEvent.readMarshallable(RawEvent.java:70)
at com.intellica.evam.sdk.engine.event.PersistentRawEventQueue.dequeue(PersistentRawEventQueue.java:126)
at com.intellica.evam.engine.server.worker.AsyncWorker.run(AsyncWorker.java:79)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: UTF length invalid -2097152 remaining: 6
at net.openhft.lang.io.AbstractBytes.readUTFΔ(AbstractBytes.java:589)
at net.openhft.lang.io.AbstractBytes.readUTFΔ(AbstractBytes.java:559)
at net.openhft.lang.io.serialization.BytesMarshallableSerializer.readCharSequence(BytesMarshallableSerializer.java:154)
at net.openhft.lang.io.serialization.BytesMarshallableSerializer.readSerializable(BytesMarshallableSerializer.java:120)
at net.openhft.lang.io.AbstractBytes.readInstance(AbstractBytes.java:2079)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: UTF length invalid -2097152 remaining: 6
at net.openhft.lang.io.AbstractBytes.appendUTF0(AbstractBytes.java:601)
at net.openhft.lang.io.AbstractBytes.readUTFΔ(AbstractBytes.java:587)
... 8 more

Chronicle version is 3.4.2

Fatih Dönmez

Dec 11, 2015, 9:38:56 AM12/11/15
to Chronicle
Also for another case we're having this issue;

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not started
at net.openhft.chronicle.VanillaChronicle$VanillaAppenderImpl.finish(VanillaChronicle.java:606)

here is the appender code;

 appender.startExcerpt();
 appender.writeInt(0);
 rawEvent.writeMarshallable(appender);
 appender.finish();

Peter Lawrey

Dec 11, 2015, 10:18:33 AM12/11/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com

Hello, we are busy this week but should be able to get back to you next week.

Regards, Peter.

Fatih Dönmez

Dec 11, 2015, 10:28:27 AM12/11/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter, thank you for letting me know.

Kind regards

Fatih.

Fatih Dönmez

Dec 16, 2015, 4:25:15 AM12/16/15
to Chronicle
Hi Peter,

Did you have any chance to look the issue?

Thanks,
Fatih

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Peter Lawrey <..> wrote:

Hello, we are busy this week but should be able to get back to you next week.

Regards, Peter.

Fatih.

Luca Burgazzoli

Dec 16, 2015, 4:45:47 AM12/16/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faith,
not yet unfortunately.

Do you maybe have test cases reproducing the issue? I would speed up my investigation

Fatih.

lb

Luca Burgazzoli

Dec 17, 2015, 3:51:38 AM12/17/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faith,

do you share the same appender among threads ? The "Not started" exception may be caused by the tailer to be "finished" by another thread

Fatih Dönmez

Dec 17, 2015, 4:23:32 AM12/17/15
to Chronicle
Hi Luca,

I can't reproduce it always so test case is quite hard actually.
We have only one appender for each thread. So I believe it's not the case.

17 Aralık 2015 Perşembe 10:51:38 UTC+2 tarihinde Luca Burgazzoli yazdı:

Fatih.

lb

Luca Burgazzoli

Dec 17, 2015, 4:25:57 AM12/17/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
is the appender created in run method ?

Fatih.

lb

Fatih Dönmez

Dec 17, 2015, 10:01:44 AM12/17/15
to Chronicle
Hi Luca,

Thanks for the tip.
Actually I was sure about it's not accessed from another thread but when I dig into deep, I realise that multiple netty channels which managed multiple threads but they all call same method for appender operations.

Anyway thank you for the help :)

Fatih

17 Aralık 2015 Perşembe 11:25:57 UTC+2 tarihinde Luca Burgazzoli yazdı:

Fatih.

lb

Luca Burgazzoli

Dec 17, 2015, 10:24:09 AM12/17/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Great, can you tell me if both the issues are solved ?

Fatih.

lb

Fatih Dönmez

Dec 18, 2015, 2:59:52 AM12/18/15
to Chronicle
We believe this should solve both of issues but didn't test it yet.

17 Aralık 2015 Perşembe 17:24:09 UTC+2 tarihinde Luca Burgazzoli yazdı:

Fatih.

lb

Luca Burgazzoli

Dec 18, 2015, 3:00:40 AM12/18/15