confict with lang library

arbitrage...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2016, 10:41:05 AM6/13/16
to Chronicle
hello,

it seems there is some conflict with lang-X.X.X.jar versions as i use Chronicle map2.4.15 or higher and Chronicle-logger1.1.1

one use lang-6.8.1, another use lang-6.6.2

when i compile c map, c logger into a jar file and i try to use this jar, chronicle logger generate error in TextChronicleEvent.read(Byte)
because he tries to find parseUTF() from 6.6.2 but cannot find despite both lang libraries are included in my jar.

thx

DAvid,

Rob Austin

Jun 13, 2016, 11:57:31 AM6/13/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
To reduce conflicts. I suggest you use the Chronicle-BOM.

Sent from my iPhone

arbitrage...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2016, 8:47:08 AM6/14/16
to Chronicle
Thanks very much for your reply but it doesnt reply to my question, i think.

to be more precise and stay simple:

my project reference Chronicle-3.6.2 (the last version) and Chronicle-logger-1.1.1 (the last version)

Chronicle-3.6.2 uses lang-6.8.2 BUT logger-1.1.1 uses lang-6.6.11 !!!!

if i take out lang 6.6.11 from the project the logger get exception (normal as he cannot find some methods from lang 6.6.11)
and the same occurs if i take out lang 6.8.2 from the project....

lang 6.6.11 has parseUTF but lang 6.8.2 has parseUtf8

can you tell me what logger version i can use to make it work in a project with the last Chronicle version 3.6.2 ??????

Regards,

Rob Austin

Jun 14, 2016, 11:49:07 AM6/14/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
We only provide free support for the latest version.

For example

Chronicle-3.6.2

Is an old version of chronicle queue. This has been replaced with.

<artifactId>chronicle-queue</artifactId>
<version>4.4.3</version>

It's possible that these 2 projects at these versions, require differ versions of Lang.

If there is an incompatibility ( which it sounds like there is ) - if you are able to fix the incompatibility and issue a pull request, I'm happy to do a new release of Lang for you. That is assuming a new release of Lang would fix your issue.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone

arbitrage...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2016, 9:58:56 AM6/16/16
to Chronicle
Hi Rob,

I cannot believe i was using a so old version!!!! i was completely out of date.

then mixing now map v3, queue v4 and the old logger 1.1.0

no more conflict as map and queue now dont reference anymore lang-X.X.X.jar

the only big news is that now, queue 4.4 api, has completely completely changed....need to reprogram

Thx for all