Chronicle Map on different host machine

rzvikas

Oct 14, 2016, 2:43:56 PM10/14/16
to Chronicle
hi

Currently, we are using chronicle map version 2.1.17 and running multiple JVM processes pointing to same chronicle map file on single host, to read / write data.

I am evaluating the requirement of supporting chronicle map on different host machine.

I remember there was a way to do TCP Replication which seems to be removed in Chronicle 3. I think this is done via Enterprise Chronicle Engine now which is licensed and enterprise edition only guarantee eventually consistent replication. Could you please provide the documentation on how to do it with chronicle engine ?
https://github.com/OpenHFT/Chronicle-Map#features

Is there any other way to run chronicle map on different host machines in either distributed or replicated manner ?

Thanks
Vikas

rzvikas

Oct 17, 2016, 4:05:32 PM10/17/16
to Chronicle
Does anyone had similar experience in deploying chronicle map on different host machines ? Any thoughts ?

Roman Leventov

Oct 17, 2016, 4:53:20 PM10/17/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Yes, replication from Chronicle Map 2, which is eventually consistent, was moved to Chronicle Engine and not open-source now.

If you need synchronous replication, you can pick up ideas from this topic: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/java-chronicle/ZWSWCXvg1dQ/l5Y9CsZ9AAAJ

Vikas Bali

Oct 17, 2016, 5:23:22 PM10/17/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Roman, Could you please point me to the example in chronicle map 2 which I can use to replicate map which will be eventually consistent ?

Roman Leventov

Oct 18, 2016, 8:09:50 AM10/18/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Maybe here: https://github.com/OpenHFT/Chronicle-Map/tree/2.1#tcp--udp-replication? This is a long section and has a number of examples.