Re: Reason of the exception "Unknown action received

Peter Lawrey

Oct 11, 2016, 2:00:58 PM10/11/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
   It could be a load related bug though I doubt it. We don't offer free support for 3.x any more and I couldn't tell what it was without further investigation.

Regards, Peter.

On 11 Oct 2016 17:47, "Cengiz Karabacak" <karabac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I assumed it before asking question because this thread is core thread of app and deserves %100 cpu to perform best.
I read other group questions about this issue, now problems with cpu usage are disappeared.

Let's get to the point, the exception i got, is relevant with cpu usage?
If not, where should is suspect?

btw, app runs with 3.6, we have plans to move 4.5.x but other business requests blocking us for the present :(

Thanks,

11 Ekim 2016 Salı 19:03:08 UTC+3 tarihinde Peter Lawrey yazdı:

Hello,
   Are you using Chronicle Queue v4.5.x?
If you are busy waiting it will use 100% of cpu even if there are no messages.
I suggest using a LongPauser.

Peter.

On 11 Oct 2016 16:43, "Cengiz Karabacak" <karabac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

When chronicle-source thread's cpu usage %100, i am starting to get "Unknown action received" exception.

Btw, reason of the high cpu usage is not message traffic. Remote tailer and source are not transferring any application messages.

What is the point that i am missing? Or what should i do to examine base problem to results this exception?

Any help or clue is really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Cengiz

Cengiz Karabacak

Oct 12, 2016, 3:16:03 AM10/12/16
to Chronicle
Thanks Peter.

I think, it is time to give up lmax arch.

Peter Lawrey

Oct 12, 2016, 3:26:40 AM10/12/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com

I don't see a problem if you use a LongPauser or use our threading library or use Chronicle Engine. We have lots of ways to solve this sort of problem.