Marking message read from queue as processed

kubanow...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2016, 8:48:05 AM12/21/16
to Chronicle
Hi All,

Is there any way to mark read message as processed.
What is saw in your FAQ:

ExcerptTailer tailer = queue.createTailer();       // sequential reads ideally, but random reads/write also possible

Still after checking the API of public interface ExcerptTailer
I didn't found anything to modify message that was read.
Is there any way to do it of I should simply make my application code duplicate aware ?

Would be grateful for some code example ;)

Thanks,
Kuba

Rob Austin

Dec 21, 2016, 9:02:24 AM12/21/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
I recommend that you write the index of the processed message to another queue, call this queue say “processed-messages”,  Usually we write the result of the processed message to the queue as well ( if not for anything else its useful for logging )

Then on a failure, you go the end of this “processed-messages” queue get the last index, and this will tell you where you are up-to.

Rob