toStart on vanilla vs indexed

John Lonergan

Nov 4, 2015, 11:28:18 AM11/4/15
to Chronicle
Looking for advice on correct way to move tailer back to start of chronicle.

I have lived at toStart and index(-1)

I am finding that using toStart on an indexed chronicle doesn't return my tailer to the start, but works fine on vanilla.

Conversely index(-1) works on indexed but not on vanilla.

And ideas?

Thanks

John Lonergan

Nov 4, 2015, 11:29:56 AM11/4/15
to Chronicle
Sorry typo.... "lived" should have read as "tried"

Luca Burgazzoli

Nov 4, 2015, 2:41:15 PM11/4/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
This is strange and smells like a bug.

When you call to start, tailer should move before the first index as by design a call to nextIndex is needed:

tailer.toStart();
if(tailer.nextIndex()) {
}

Can you be so kind to send a PR wit a failing test case?

On Wednesday, 4 November 2015, John Lonergan <john.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry typo.... "lived" should have read as "tried"

lb