Chronicle Queue V4

Ross Black

May 25, 2016, 9:56:18 AM5/25/16
to Chronicle
Hi,

I have been using chronicle V3 for a while, and was looking to update to V4.
From the api for V4 I assume it is only for JDK8?  Is there any way to use V4 under JDK7?

Are there any release notes / other doc that provides guidance to migrating from V3 to V4?
Should I be attempting to use Wire with chronicle queue, or is that integration still to occur?

Thanks,
Ross

Peter Lawrey

May 25, 2016, 10:08:46 AM5/25/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ross,
  At present, only Java 8 is supported. We could give you a quote for implementing it under Java 7 if you needed that.

  We need at add a guide, however the gist is;
  - you don't need startExcerpt()/finish()
  - you can use writeBytes(b -> b.writeWhatEverYouDidBefore()) and similar for readBytes.
  - Wire is integrated, and essential for queue's operation.

Regards,
   Peter.