Java-Thread-Affinity on MacOS

Nick Pavlov

Nov 1, 2015, 6:03:24 AM11/1/15
to Chronicle
I trying build https://github.com/OpenHFT/Java-Thread-Affinity on MacOs and I have some question.

Firstly, I fixed bad paths in makefile. You can review this changes in https://github.com/gurinderu/Java-Thread-Affinity/commit/05e2a1edf72ba0211d6c04137722b4d8c061d5f1
But in fact I can't compile project, because i have  error: unknown type name 'cpu_set_t'. I know that mac os have specific api for affinity, but i can't understand how compile mac_os c code. Could you assist me with compile or maybe provide some link with instruction?

Dan Koetter

Sep 7, 2016, 8:26:09 AM9/7/16
to Chronicle
I have the same issue. Does anyone have a workaround?

Peter Lawrey

Sep 7, 2016, 8:37:32 AM9/7/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com

Hello Dan,
The problem is a lack of support in the operating system for these features. On MacOSX, the library should effectively do nothing so it doesn't break your application  if you develop on a Mac.
You should be able to use the build on maven central rather than build it from scratch. Note: the JNI library only builds on Linux AFAIK.

Regards, Peter.