Keeping track of consumed message

Thomas Lo

Jul 7, 2014, 9:16:10 AM7/7/14
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
If we have multiple readers reading off from a single Chronicle. What is the best way for each reader to keep track of which message was read last time in order to avoid processing duplicate message during replay? Thx

Peter Lawrey

Jul 7, 2014, 9:39:20 AM7/7/14
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com

The best way is for each reader to be writing to a chronicle about what it did eg what it read, what action it took, a break down of timings. To determine where the reader was up to you can look at the last entry the reader wrote.