Strong Consistency support

Siyuan he

Mar 12, 2015, 10:43:23 AM3/12/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Chronicle-Map is an eventual consistency KV store. Is it possible to support strong Consistency support like Cassandra 2.X:

Thanks,
siyuan

Rob Austin

Mar 12, 2015, 11:41:34 AM3/12/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
>Is it possible to support strong Consistency support like Cassandra 2.X:
not easily, but we do have some techniques which can ensure that your data has been replicated.

Siyuan he

Mar 12, 2015, 11:48:33 AM3/12/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Yes. It's absolutely not an easy feature. But in some use cases, we do need strong consistency.
Is there any plan to support Strong Consistency (at least at the quorum level)?

Rob Austin

Mar 12, 2015, 11:55:30 AM3/12/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
We are always open to adding new features especially if this work is client funded, but we have nothing currently on our roadmap to add strong consistency. If you are interested in getting this feature, please contact us directly at  <sa...@higherfrequencytrading.com>

Rob

Peter Lawrey

Mar 13, 2015, 3:18:44 AM3/13/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
For strong consistency, you need to have a high degree of confidence it will work under all possible situations. i.e. it is the testing with real hardware which takes the time.

Depending on your use case, you could consider Queue to ensure updates are persists in a consistent manner, but this is more work for the developer admittedly.