Peter Lawrey

Dec 19, 2016, 9:16:57 AM12/19/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
This appears to be a problem in slf4j. We could help investigate it with you. Are you interested in getting a support agreement?

If so, contact sa...@chronicle.software

Regards, Peter.

On 19 Dec 2016 14:13, "andrei" <zerno...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to add a little more details about how the projects are configured (maven).
Project A depends on project B. Project B has all the chronicle dependencies (chronicle logger marked below). I package project B with all dependencies into a fat jar. That jar is set in the class path. Project A is also in the class path (no dependencies, only custom code). I then run project A main class from the command line java com.xyz.myMainClass. That's when I run into the error, and the program exits.

Here are all the dependencies in project B.

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>net.snaq</groupId>
<artifactId>dbpool</artifactId>
<version>5.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>net.openhft</groupId>
<artifactId>chronicle-queue</artifactId>
<version>4.5.19</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>net.openhft</groupId>
<artifactId>chronicle-logger-log4j-2</artifactId>
<version>1.1.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>net.openhft</groupId>
<artifactId>chronicle-map</artifactId>
<version>3.11.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>net.openhft</groupId>
<artifactId>affinity</artifactId>
<version>3.0.6</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>mysql</groupId>
<artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
<version>5.1.6</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.quickfixj</groupId>
<artifactId>quickfixj-all</artifactId>
<version>1.6.2</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>net.openhft</groupId>
<artifactId>chronicle-logger-tools</artifactId>
<version>1.1.1</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

Thank you,

On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 3:23:55 PM UTC-6, andrei wrote:
Hi I'm using chronicle logger, and I'm running into this issue when running the program from command line.

mvn dependency

<dependency>
<groupId>net.openhft</groupId>
<artifactId>chronicle-logger-log4j-2</artifactId>
<version>1.1.1</version>
</dependency>

Message has been deleted

Peter Lawrey

Dec 19, 2016, 9:47:39 AM12/19/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andei

Indeed this would be helpful but we can offer free support for third party libraries.

Let us know how you go.

Regards, Peter.

On 19 Dec 2016 14:39, "Andrei Zernoveanu" <zerno...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Peter. Unfortunately I am not earning any money from this so I can't afford it. When time comes, I will definitely. I thought troubleshooting this issue might help other developers that are in the experimentation phase with chronicle software (which I personally like a lot).

-----
andrei

773.717.2204

andrei

Dec 19, 2016, 9:34:48 PM12/19/16
to Chronicle
Using this mvn plugin to assemble the fat jar seems to do the trick.

<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.4.3</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<phase>package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>shade</goal>
</goals>
<configuration>
<filters>
<filter>
<artifact>*:*</artifact>
<excludes>
<exclude>META-INF/*.SF</exclude>
<exclude>META-INF/*.DSA</exclude>
<exclude>META-INF/*.RSA</exclude>
</excludes>
</filter>
</filters>
<finalName>your-project-here-1.0-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies</finalName>
<transformers>
<transformer
implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.ManifestResourceTransformer">
<mainClass>your.main.classname</mainClass>
</transformer>
<transformer implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.AppendingTransformer">
<resource>META-INF/spring.handlers</resource>
</transformer>
<transformer implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.AppendingTransformer">
<resource>META-INF/spring.schemas</resource>
</transformer>
<transformer implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.AppendingTransformer">
<resource>META-INF/spring.tooling</resource>
</transformer>
<transformer
implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.ComponentsXmlResourceTransformer"/>
<transformer
implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.ServicesResourceTransformer"/>
<transformer implementation="com.github.edwgiz.mavenShadePlugin.log4j2CacheTransformer.PluginsCacheFileTransformer" />

</transformers>
</configuration>
</execution>
</executions>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.github.edwgiz</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-shade-plugin.log4j2-cachefile-transformer</artifactId>
<version>2.6.1</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</plugin>