Reloading a chronicle from disk

Luke Peeler

Apr 17, 2015, 1:48:31 PM4/17/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a situation in which I am manually copying chronicle files to a remote host (I couldn't get replication working properly, unfortunately). A process on the remote host is actively reading from these chronicles.  After each copy (via scp) is finished, I believe I need to reload the files on the remote host. Is this the proper way to go about it?

        long mappingChronicleIndex = mappingExcerpt.index();
        mappingExcerpt.close();
        mappingChronicle.close();
        mappingChronicle = getMappingChronicle();
        mappingExcerpt = mappingChronicle.createExcerpt();
        mappingExcerpt.index(mappingChronicleIndex);
        mappings.setExcerpt(mappingExcerpt);

Peter Lawrey

Apr 17, 2015, 1:52:38 PM4/17/15
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
That should work, however it's not something we have tried.

Can you provide a test which shows queue not replicating?  This would help us fix your issue.