New to Jasmine

Hala Ahmed

Aug 14, 2017, 12:41:34 PM8/14/17
to Jasmine
Hello,

I'm new to writing test with Jasmine but actually I'm facing some sort of problem.

If the web app module I'm testing actually consists of a app component, table component, and a pipe, how can I hierarchically test all these units and connect them all together?

For example how can I access the "insertingRow" function in the table component using an instance of the app module?

thanks

Gregg Van Hove

Aug 14, 2017, 1:05:17 PM8/14/17
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
It depends a bit on exactly how these parts are connected together and how much they interact. Ideally, you want to drive the architecture of your code to low coupling. You can do this with dependency injection for collaborators, or an event system for notifications.

Often getting the application to be easier to test can drive out an architecture that is easier to work with.

Hope this helps. Thanks for using Jasmine!

- Gregg