Upgrading Jasmine from 1.3 to 2.1

David Tang

Jan 29, 2015, 6:12:13 PM1/29/15
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't find a migration path for upgrading Jasmine from 1.3 to 2.1. I finally just did it manually and documented the differences that I found in my suite of 400 unit tests. Just wanted to share if anyone else is in the same boat.

Gregg Van Hove

Jan 29, 2015, 8:31:17 PM1/29/15
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
The jasmine documentation (http://jasmine.github.io/) also has a document that talks about the changes in the interface here: http://jasmine.github.io/2.0/upgrading.html

If we missed anything please log issues or pull requests at the github repo https://github.com/jasmine/jasmine.github.io

- Gregg

On Thursday, January 29, 2015, David Tang <dtan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I couldn't find a migration path for upgrading Jasmine from 1.3 to 2.1. I finally just did it manually and documented the differences that I found in my suite of 400 unit tests. Just wanted to share if anyone else is in the same boat.

Pat Kujawa

Jan 30, 2015, 11:19:01 AM1/30/15
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
I made a 25min video that, at various points, touches on the differences between 1.3 and 2: http://youtu.be/3nE2rVk8T8o?list=PLcqHb3lGaZxEAMCCT0OEmku4jaZyTZOH5 (the other videos are helpful for beginners).

In addition to the jasmine docs, see [Jochen Preusche : How to switch from jasmine 1.3.x to jasmine 2.0.0](https://coderwall.com/p/a_sd-a).