Re: [jasmine-js] Jasmine sync/async tests #2

Gregg Van Hove

Jul 31, 2015, 5:57:33 PM7/31/15
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure that whatever framework you're using to run your "client-integration-tests" is using version 2.0 of jasmine? The async support in previous versions worked differently.

-Gregg

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 6:54 AM, David Logan <djlog...@gmail.com> wrote:
I started a new topic because my question would probably get lost in the various updates I posted in the other one.

The question is: How come the asynchronous waits beforeEach(function(done){...}) do not work in the client-integration-tests?

The code seems to just blow through the functions, never actually waiting for 'done' to be called.

David Logan

David Logan

Aug 6, 2015, 1:00:07 PM8/6/15
to Jasmine
Yea, sorry, I thought I deleted this post.

Quite frankly, I'm really not sure exactly how all this works, but I have a theory. My theory is that if everything isn't "just right", rather than giving me proper error messages, the test framework just moves on and then fails catastrophically, kind of like a compiler might do if somebody hadn't put a great deal of effort into proper messaging and recovery.

It seems that once I got everything "just right", it all works correctly. Well, mostly correctly, anyway. I still haven't figured out how to run the tests subsequent times without getting failures, so it's not perfect. But my initial run from "meteor run" all seems to work.

Thus, I tried to delete this post.

Apologies again.

David Logan