Reporting tests that are under a disabled suite

Sean Parmelee

Dec 30, 2014, 6:09:59 PM12/30/14
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a reporter that hooks into TeamCity and I'm wanting to report any specs that are part of a disabled suite (xdescribe) as an ignored test, but such specs don't seem to be reported. Is there anyway to retrieve this information?

For example:
xdescribe('My disabled suite', function() {
    it('spec1', function() {
    });
    it('spec2', function() {
    });
    it('spec3', function() {
    });
});

I want my reporter to be able to report spec1, spec2, and spec3 as ignored tests, but since the suite is disabled, information about the child specs are not passed to the reporter.

Ben Loveridge

Dec 31, 2014, 1:57:44 PM12/31/14
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
Sean,

Take a look at jasmine-reporters, which already includes a reporter for TeamCity. It may not already do what you need, but I know some of the reporters in that project make an effort at determining skipped / disabled specs and you may find something useful there.

I don't think I've found a clean way to get at the information you are looking for either, but might have been able to find counts at least -- been a while since I looked at the code though.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

Ben Loveridge (phone--sorry for typos)

Sean Parmelee

Dec 31, 2014, 3:30:54 PM12/31/14
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ben,

The first iteration of my reporter is actually based off the TeamCity reporter from jasmine-reporters :)
I've since changed my approach because of how grunt-contrib-jasmine handles console.log messages, but I'm still facing the same issue where there doesn't appear to be a way to know about the specs that exist under a disabled suite.