Jasmine Reports

Satyabrata Saha

Aug 14, 2017, 12:41:34 PM8/14/17
to Jasmine, satyabr...@outlook.com
Hi,
I am fairly new to the javas script ecosystem and I am now using Jasmine with the automation suite.Few queries:-
1.Do we have a Jasmine report when we execute the 'jasmine' command on the working directory?
2.Do we have a xml /json report that gets produced as a result of execution?

Thanks in Anticipation,
Satyabrata

Gregg Van Hove

Aug 14, 2017, 1:20:49 PM8/14/17
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
Out of the box, Jasmine prints all of its output to the command line. If you want to alter or enhance the output from Jasmine, you can use a custom reporter, either one maintained by the community (like https://github.com/larrymyers/jasmine-reporters) or write your own. A custom reporter looks like this: https://jasmine.github.io/api/edge/Reporter.html

Hope this helps. Thanks for using Jasmine!

- Gregg

Ramesh M

May 23, 2018, 11:12:32 PM5/23/18
to Jasmine
Gregg,

I have a follow up question.

Currently i executed the custom reporter (https://jasmine.github.io/tutorials/custom_reporter). It prints to the browser console as well as Browser main window.

However, i would like to be able to TURN OFF Jasmine from printing to the Browser main Window . Is there a configuration that is available that can help me do that.

thank you.

Ramesh

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Satyabrata Saha <satyabra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am fairly new to the javas script ecosystem and I am now using Jasmine with the automation suite.Few queries:-
1.Do we have a Jasmine report when we execute the 'jasmine' command on the working directory?
2.Do we have a xml /json report that gets produced as a result of execution?

Thanks in Anticipation,
Satyabrata

Gregg Van Hove

May 24, 2018, 8:06:12 PM5/24/18
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
The HtmlReporter is the thing that puts all of the results into the web browsers DOM. If you're already in boot.js making changes to add reporters, you'll need to remove that one to stop that reporting.

-Gregg