Jasmine and Play2 : sbt-jasmine-plugin

Sangeetha Anand

Dec 23, 2014, 2:02:47 AM12/23/14
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

sbt-jasmine-plugin integrates nicely with Play2 and  >>activator test runs the Jasmine tests too now.

But would like to know if there's a way to generate JUnit type XML based report (preferable with just sbt-jasmine-plugin), so we can fully tie up Jasmine with Jenkins.

If not, please let me know tried and tested (and reliable working) combination of Jasmine + Play2 for Jenkins CI.

Thanks!

Ben Loveridge

Dec 23, 2014, 12:01:07 PM12/23/14
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
There’s an old pull request in the original sbt-jasmine-plugin repo (https://github.com/guardian/sbt-jasmine-plugin/pull/5/files) to add JUnit XML reports. It looks like that didn’t ever get merged in officially, nor does it seem to be part of the joescii repo.

I don’t know anything about SBT, but jasmine-reporters has JUnit reporters that work with both Jasmine1.x and Jasmine2.x. Looking at the above pull request, it seems it was just a simple port of the JUnit reporter from jasmine-reporters into SBT with a very (very) little bit of glue to make it available inside the plugin’s jasmine environment.

If someone hasn’t already done it, I suspect it would be fairly straightforward to include the runner from jasmine-reporters as the pull request above did two years ago.

Good luck.

Ben

Gregg Van Hove

Dec 23, 2014, 5:00:41 PM12/23/14
to jasmi...@googlegroups.com
If you're running a ruby project (or ruby friendly) the Jasmine ruby gem (https://rubygems.org/gems/jasmine) also has a junit formatter that can be plugged in (https://rubygems.org/gems/jasmine_junitxml_formatter).

-Gregg