[cas-user] cas-server-integration-restlet dependency issue

Madhavi Polisetty

Jun 8, 2011, 5:16:41 PM6/8/11
to cas-...@lists.jasig.org
Hi,

I am building CAS in war overlay method. I am attaching my POM file with this message.

If I remove the dependency with restlet module, the sprint-web-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar file is getting added to the lib folder of the target war file. And that is what I expected.

If I add the restlet dependency, it is bringing in spring-wen-2.5.jar file also along with the one mentioned above. This is causing problems deploying the module in the server. This is the log.

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: APPLICATION_CONTEXT_ID_PREFIX
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:430)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:458)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:339)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:306)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.init(HttpServletBean.java:127)

I have removed all the previously existing instances of the cas-server-integration-restlet module from my local Maven repository and did clean rebuild several different ways but could not get around the issue.

When I manually edited the cas.war file that is created and removed the older 2.5 version of spring web jar file, then I am able to deploy successfully.

Can some one help me fix this issue so that I can avoid manually editing the final file.

Thanks
Madhavi
--
You are currently subscribed to cas-...@lists.jasig.org as: jasig-cas-user...@googlegroups.com