[cas-user] SAML activation problem in CAS 4.1.6

Juan Carlos Giménez Moncada

Apr 1, 2016, 6:27:44 AM4/1/16
to CAS Community
Hi,

What we are trying to achieve is having SAML authentication internal for
releasing attributes.

I have followed the configuration instructions in
https://jasig.github.io/cas/4.1.x/protocol/SAML-Protocol.html

I am getting the following error when deploying the CAS 4.1.6 server in
Tomcat 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.3 with OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.79-b02,
mixed mode):

2016-04-01 12:05:26,928 WARN
[org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext] -
<Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling
refresh attempt org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'centralAuthenticationService' defined in
ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/spring-configuration/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve
reference to bean 'authenticationManager' while setting constructor
argument; nested exception is
bean with name 'authenticationManager' defined in ServletContext
resource [/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference
to bean 'primaryPrincipalResolver' while setting constructor argument
with key [<ldapAuthenticationHandler>]; nested exception is
bean with name 'primaryPrincipalResolver' defined in ServletContext
resource [/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference
to bean 'attributeRepository' while setting bean property
'attributeRepository'; nested exception is
bean with name 'attributeRepository' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean
'LDAPattributeRepository' while setting bean property
'personAttributeDaos' with key [0]; nested exception is
bean with name 'LDAPattributeRepository': Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:359)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:108)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.resolveConstructorArguments(ConstructorResolver.java:648)

Attached deployerConfigContext.xml for details.

I have added <bean
class="org.jasig.cas.support.saml.authentication.SamlAuthenticationMetaDataPopulator"/>
but still not working. I'm not sure if this is really needed/correct but
documentation states that for other method authentication such as
OpenId, ... metadataPopulator is needed.

When I revert all the changes from wiki related to SAML then the CAS is
deployed without errors.

Thanks.

deployerConfigContext.xml

Misagh Moayyed

Apr 1, 2016, 6:47:33 AM4/1/16
to CAS Community
You probably need to define a “searchControls” property on your LDAP repository and set its search scope to an appropriate value, like 2 for instance for SUBTREE scope.

--
Misagh

Juan Carlos Giménez Moncada

Apr 1, 2016, 7:47:35 AM4/1/16
to cas-...@apereo.org
I was missing the searchControls property definition.

Now attributes are are loaded but only some of them are merged
afterwards, in any case I hope I'll be able take care of that by myself.

Thank you!!