[cas-dev] CAS 5.1.0-RC3-SNAP not launching since upgrade from RC2-SNAP

'Philippe MARASSE' via CAS Developer

Mar 15, 2017, 5:11:06 AM3/15/17
to CAS Developers
Hello,

After the upgrade, CAS does not start any more. Although I've changed my
bootstrap.properties to disable spring cloud and enable native, I get :

2017-03-15 09:36:22,042 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.services.AbstractResourceBasedServiceRegistryDao] -
<Watching service registry directory at
[/var/tomcat/inst2/webapps/cas/WEB-INF/classes/services]>
2017-03-15 09:36:22,105 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.services.DefaultServicesManager] - <Loaded [0]
service(s) from [JsonServiceRegistryDao].>
2017-03-15 09:36:22,983 WARN
[org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.AnnotationConfigEmbeddedWebApplicationContext]
- <Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling
refresh attempt:
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'casValidationConfiguration': Unsatisfied
dependency expressed through field 'authenticationSystemSupport'; nested
exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'defaultAuthenticationSystemSupport' defined in
class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreAuthenticationSupportConfiguration.class]:
Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method
'defaultAuthenticationSystemSupport' parameter 1; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'authenticationTransactionManager' defined in
class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration.class]:
Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method
'authenticationTransactionManager' parameter 0; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'casAuthenticationManager' defined in class path
resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration.class]:
Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method
'casAuthenticationManager' parameter 2; nested exception is
bean with name 'authenticationEventExecutionPlan' defined in class path
resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration.class]: Bean
instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to
instantiate
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.AuthenticationEventExecutionPlan]:
Factory method 'authenticationEventExecutionPlan' threw exception;
nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException>
Exception in thread "org.apereo.cas.services.JsonServiceRegistryDao"
2017-03-15 09:36:22,989 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.services.ServiceRegistryConfigWatcher] - <Directory key
is no longer valid. Quitting watcher service>
java.nio.file.ClosedWatchServiceException
at
sun.nio.fs.AbstractWatchService.checkOpen(AbstractWatchService.java:80)
at
sun.nio.fs.AbstractWatchService.checkKey(AbstractWatchService.java:92)
at
sun.nio.fs.AbstractWatchService.take(AbstractWatchService.java:119)
at
org.apereo.cas.services.ServiceRegistryConfigWatcher.run(ServiceRegistryConfigWatcher.java:72)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
2017-03-15 09:36:22,991 WARN
[com.ryantenney.metrics.spring.config.annotation.MetricsConfigurerAdapter]
- <Problem stopping reporter>
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationNotAllowedException: Error
creating bean with name 'casMetricsConfiguration': Singleton bean
creation not allowed while singletons of this factory are in destruction
(Do not request a bean from a BeanFactory in a destroy method
implementation!)

The directory /var/tomcat/inst2/webapps/cas/WEB-INF/classes/services
exists but is empty : my configuration location is defined by
spring.cloud.config.server.native.searchLocations in
bootstrap.properties but it seems that this location is not read any more.

Any idea ?
Regards.

--
Philippe MARASSE

Responsable pôle Infrastructures - DSIO
Centre Hospitalier Henri Laborit
CS 10587 - 370 avenue Jacques Cœur
86021 Poitiers Cedex
Tel : 05.49.44.57.19

'Philippe MARASSE' via CAS Developer

Mar 27, 2017, 11:23:11 AM3/27/17
to cas...@apereo.org
More news, I've tried to define at startup via CATALINA_OPTS :
- cas.standalone.config=/etc/...
- cas.native.config=/etc/...

My configuration is not read at all...

What have I missed since 5.1.0-RC3-SNAP ??

Regards.

'Philippe MARASSE' via CAS Developer

Mar 28, 2017, 5:48:17 AM3/28/17
to cas...@apereo.org
Fixed :
- delete bootstrap.properties from maven overlay
- Added -Dcas.standalone.config=<my config directory> to catalina.sh
script