[VOTE] JanusGraph 0.2.3 release

Chris Hupman

May 21, 2019, 9:37:24 PM5/21/19
to JanusGraph developers
Hello,

We are happy to announce that JanusGraph 0.2.3 is ready for release.

The release artifacts can be found at this location:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/tag/v0.2.3

A binary distribution is provided for user convenience:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/download/v0.2.3/janusgraph-0.2.3-hadoop2.zip

The GPG key used to sign the release artifacts is available at:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/download/v0.2.3/KEYS

The docs can be found here:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/download/v0.2.3/janusgraph-0.2.3-hadoop2-doc.zip
        (See also documentation preview site)

The release tag in Git can be found here:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/tree/v0.2.3

Please note that the v0.2.3 tag has been updated. You can refresh your tags with this command:
        git tag -l | xargs git tag -d && git fetch -t

The release notes are available here:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/blob/v0.2.3/docs/changelog.adoc

This [VOTE] will open for the next 3 days --- closing Friday, May 24, 2018 at 6:45 PM PST.
All are welcome to review and vote on the release, but only votes from TSC members are binding.
My non-binding vote is +1.

Thank you,
Chris Hupman

Oleksandr Porunov

May 22, 2019, 3:58:39 PM5/22/19
to JanusGraph developers
Hello Chris,

It says: Version 0.2.2 (October 9, 2018)
I assume it should be: Version 0.2.3 (May 21, 2019)

Chris Hupman

May 22, 2019, 4:31:05 PM5/22/19
to janusgr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for catching that. It's been updated.

Florian Hockmann

May 23, 2019, 10:07:37 AM5/23/19
to JanusGraph developers
I skimmed over the docs and everything looks as expected.
The changelog and the release on GitHub also look good.
I also downloaded the zip archive, extracted it, started JanusGraph with bin/janusgraph.sh and loaded a toy graph created with 0.2.2. Then I executed some example traversals and didn't run into any problems.

My VOTE is +1.

Am Mittwoch, 22. Mai 2019 22:31:05 UTC+2 schrieb Chris Hupman:
Thanks for catching that. It's been updated.

Oleksandr Porunov

May 23, 2019, 2:24:17 PM5/23/19
to JanusGraph developers
I have downloaded .tar.zip, extracted it, built jars, included into my personal project with different integration tests. Ran integration tests. All tests have passed except some tests which require the fix #1501.
As this bug wasn't introduced in `0.2.3` and currently it is placed in all janusgraph versions (except current `0.3` and `master`) then I think it is OK.

My VOTE is +1.

Chris Hupman

May 24, 2019, 10:36:13 PM5/24/19
to JanusGraph developers
We have 3 +1 votes, however we have only 1 +1 votes from a TSC member, which falls short of the 3 required for the release.

Chris Hupman
Oleksandr Porunov
Florian Hockmann *

* denotes TSC member

Due to the holiday weekend I'm going to extend the until Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 4:00 PM PDT

If there are any concerns with this approach, please reply on this thread. Thank you.

Jan Jansen

May 27, 2019, 3:29:56 AM5/27/19
to JanusGraph developers
I just tested to build the docker image for janusgraph and created a PR. The image works perfectly with my changes in PR https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph-docker/pull/17.

My VOTE is +1.

Jason Plurad

May 28, 2019, 11:43:18 AM5/28/19
to JanusGraph developers
* Imported KEYS file and verified GPG signatures on pre-built distribution files
* Downloaded source code archive and built a distribution
* Unzipped the pre-built distribution and did manual testing with
  * Quick start: Cassandra and Elasticsearch and Gremlin Server
  * BerkeleyJE and Lucene
  * HBase 1.3 and Solr 7.0
* Unzipped the docs and reviewed the formatting

VOTE: +1

Thank you Chris!

Alexander Patrikalakis

May 28, 2019, 12:13:58 PM5/28/19
to JanusGraph developers
Binding vote +1. Good job on the docker and stability/quality improvements.