Re: [PuneRb] Re: [Bangalore RUG] [XPOST] CFP opened for second edition of GCRC

Swanand Pagnis

Sep 30, 2014, 3:07:01 AM9/30/14
to pune...@googlegroups.com, jaipu...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, chen...@googlegroups.com, kerala-ruby-users-group
GCRC will encourage and help first time speakers.  Plan for a talk that you can first speak at GCRC and then do a part 2 at RubyConf India.

If you have doubts about "what to speak about", then these might help you:
  1. Something new you learned recently. Remember, not everyone knows everything and has read about everything. Or a new concept which you think hasn't gained enough attention.  You have 3 months to learn something new. Submit a proposal, and learn something and present it.
  2. Experience report about something you and your team went through. It could be a nasty bug that exposed internals of the system you hadn't encountered before.
  3. Things from other cultures like Clojure, Go, Scala that would benefit a typical Ruby audience.
  4. Tricks and tips you've been using in your Rails app.
  5. You get the point!
If you are thinking "maybe people know about it already, what's new here?", then you couldn't be more mistaken.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 9:10 AM, Ajey Gore <ajey...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's great opportunity for you to come up and speak. If you are first timer there are many of us who will be glad to speak up :-)

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014, Leena S N <lee...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

We are excited to let you know that CFP for the second edition of Garden City Ruby Conference [GCRC] is open.

First time speakers, don't worry. We are glad to help you out. It would be really good if you submit early so that the reviewers get more time to work with you on improvements.

About GCRC

Garden City Ruby Conference, also known as GCRC, is a single track Ruby Conference organised by the Bangalore Ruby Community in Bangalore, India. We had the first edition of the conference on Jan 3rd and 4th of 2014. The second edition will be for single day on January 10, 2015

If you've any further questions, feel free to write to te...@gardencityruby.org

Thanks,

--
Leena S N,