Welcome to Jaipur RUG - Ruby User Group

Gaurish Sharma

Nov 21, 2012, 2:09:25 PM11/21/12
to jaipu...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow Rubyists,
I just wanted to write few lines on purpose & philosophy behing  Jaipur RUG.

At the moment, there is no master plan for Jaipur RUG, which is perfectly inline with the fact that Open Source is free from bureaucracy and centralized control. But we do want try and stick to the following Purpose & core goals:

=Purpose

* To establish a community of Rubyist in and around the city of Jaipur, India.
* Provide a non-profit platform to share our common interests in the world of Ruby & do meetups, collaborate on solving bugs in ruby & related open-source projects(bugmashes), organize hackathons etc.
* Ideally, Jaipur RUG meets physically once a month to exchange ideas and help each other as far as technical issues are concerned. Apart from this we also can hold regular discussions on the mailing list. We welcome from various parts of India who like to be associated with Jaipur RUG, who help us grow as a RUG, because we believe in the fact that there are no boundaries in the world of Open Source.

=Goals

1. Advocacy
We believe in Ruby & its entire ecosystem and we like to talk about it in any form and any where. Every effort possible will be taken by the group and its members to achieve to advocate in what we strongly believe in. Members openly speak out on issues of concern in order to exert some influence on behalf of the ideas behind Ruby/(DRY/Programmer Happiness etc) and to bring a change in the community where we live in.

2. Education
Beside preaching ruby & its philosophy, Jaipur User Group members also take an extra effort to teach Ruby or its ecosystem, in as much time as he/she can devote as a volunteer. We plan organize some seminars/workshops and other interactive activities to get more people involved.

3. Support
We provide support in terms of knowledge, tutorials, troubleshooting or general advice or any other technical assistance whatsoever to anyone, but we would refrain from providing any support if it is to be used solely for the purpose of profit generation. We believe knowledge is to be shared and should be kept away from the clutches of greediness.

4. Socializing
We also like to have fun and spend some quality time discussing things that really matter and grow ourselves. Our meetings will be always open meetings where anyone can come who has passion & shares the same values as we do -- the freedom, in software and also as in a individual human being. Everyone is free to contact us and we would like to oblige in whatsoever form it may be available.

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma

This conversation is locked