Fw: Regarding Jaipur.rb Guidelines

Gaurish Sharma

Jul 20, 2014, 1:54:39 PM7/20/14
to jaipu...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everyone,
If you have noticed We've are having trouble with spam from past few days. for this, I have done following things:

- we have zero toleration policy for spam but it seems it was not properly highlighted, so I have gone ahead & set those as welcome message as every member seems them. Borrowed heavily from Blore Ruby.
- In this particular case, Lokesh Sahu has posted a real-estate ad. Since, we didnt have this policy highlighted, so I have placed him in moderation que. However, any new members who do not follow the guidelines, will be banned.
- For new members, initial posts will be moderated. so we can keep spam away. we are doing this on experimental basis & then we will see how it goes.

Lastly,
I want to thank our moderation team, tushar in particular for going a amazing job in maintaining Jaipur.rb's Mailing lists & Social media accounts.

--
Gaurish Sharma
Sent with Airmail

On 19 July 2014 at 11:55:07 am, Tushar Maroo (tusha...@gmail.com(mailto:tusha...@gmail.com)) wrote:

> Hi Gaurish,
>
> How are you doing?
>
> We need some more rules and regulations for our group, as this morning i added one person, and immediately he started selling office spaces for lease and all,
> which is so irrelevant to our group.
>
> So can we have some guidelines to stop this kind of stuff?
>
> And i don't know if we can automate any mailer so that as soon as any person joins the group gets a mail containing guidelines.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Tushar Maroo

Shobhit Bakliwal

Jul 20, 2014, 2:02:32 PM7/20/14
to jaipu...@googlegroups.com
Good stuff. These were  really required before spam escalated to being the norm.

--
Twitter: @JaipurRuby
Facebook: facebook.com/jaipurruby