Jailhouse on a 7$ board

Jan Kiszka

Jan 11, 2017, 5:03:36 AM1/11/17
to Jailhouse
Hi all,

yesterday I received two Orange Pi Zero [1] boards, each 7$ (the 256 MB
variant). The OPi Zero has an Allwinner H2+, ie. 4 Cortex-A7 cores. Now
Jailhouse is running on really cheap silicon...

Unfortunately, the mainline kernel we need (I'm currently on 4.10-rc3+,
today's master) is not very stable, throwing oopses once in a while.
Sometimes, there is also an OOM (I'm running the root cell with 160 MB
now), but that shouldn't cause the crashes. At least not in theory. I
had to implant the not-yet upstream Ethernet driver, but the crashes
happened without it as well. And there is no staging driver for the
on-board Wifi yet.

Anyway, this could become a nice Banana Pi replacement once it matured
(also no SMMU, though). Will send the configs laters.

Jan

[1] http://www.orangepi.org/orangepizero

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA ITP SES-DE