Reenabling of ARM64

Ralf Ramsauer

Jun 12, 2017, 10:44:46 AM6/12/17
to Jailhouse, Claudio Scordino
Hi,

during implementation of hyp-stub compatibility fixes for arm64 I
experienced that reenabling of Jailhouse fails, if there is only a very
short period of time between jailhouse disable and jailhouse enable.

Reenabling only works if I wait a few seconds after jailhouse disable,
otherwise the platforms freezes, no UART output.

I first thought that my patches somehow triggered that behavior, but
this also happens on mainline jailhouse.

Claudio, did you experience anything similar on your TX1?

Ralf

Claudio Scordino

Jun 12, 2017, 11:02:08 AM6/12/17
to Ralf Ramsauer, Jailhouse
Dear Ralf,
No, I didn't. But it could also be that I never tried.

I'm currently out of office. I can try to reproduce on TX1 by the end
of the week.

Best,

Claudio

Henning Schild

Jun 12, 2017, 11:17:57 AM6/12/17
to Ralf Ramsauer, Jailhouse, Claudio Scordino
Am Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:44:45 +0200
schrieb Ralf Ramsauer <ralf.r...@oth-regensburg.de>:

> Hi,
>
> during implementation of hyp-stub compatibility fixes for arm64 I
> experienced that reenabling of Jailhouse fails, if there is only a
> very short period of time between jailhouse disable and jailhouse
> enable.
>
> Reenabling only works if I wait a few seconds after jailhouse disable,
> otherwise the platforms freezes, no UART output.
>
> I first thought that my patches somehow triggered that behavior, but
> this also happens on mainline jailhouse.

I think i have seen that on the zynqmp and heard Jan say that that it is
a kown issue, but i am not 100% sure.

Henning

Claudio Scordino

Jun 16, 2017, 8:00:22 AM6/16/17
to Ralf Ramsauer, Jailhouse
Dear Raph,

I've made a few experiments and I wasn't able of reproducing this issue.
I've tried the current master on both the 3.10 and the 4.9 kernels.

Cheers,

Claudio

Claudio Scordino

Jun 16, 2017, 10:50:15 AM6/16/17
to Ralf Ramsauer, Jailhouse
> Hi Claudio,
> thanks. Strange...
>
> A "jailhouse disable; jailhouse enable configs/..." triggers this
> behaviour on my TX1.

Quite strange. Are you using the current master branch?

Could it be depending on the kernel config or the kernel version?
If you send me your .config I can schedule some further tests next week.

Cheers,

Claudio

Ralf Ramsauer

Jun 21, 2017, 9:51:27 AM6/21/17
to Claudio Scordino, Jailhouse
Hi Claudio,

On 06/16/2017 02:00 PM, Claudio Scordino wrote:
thanks. Strange...

A "jailhouse disable; jailhouse enable configs/..." triggers this
behaviour on my TX1.

Cheers
Ralf

--