Jetson TK1 not shutting down using jailhouse

Andreas Kölbl

Jan 20, 2017, 11:42:11 AM1/20/17
to jailho...@googlegroups.com, Ralf Ramsauer
Hi,

my Jetson TK1 does not power off after shutting it down, if I created a
cell before which uses the first CPU.

I've created a cell config with 0x1 as cpu mask. I enable the
jetson-demo.cell, create my cell, disable jailhouse and try to shutdown
my jetson, but the cooling fan keeps spinning. The device is not
reachable any longer.

Other cell configurations that do not use the first cpu work properly.

Ralf reproduced the same behaviour on his TK1 with a different kernel
version.

Best Regards
Andreas

Jan Kiszka

Jan 21, 2017, 2:22:53 AM1/21/17
to Andreas Kölbl, jailho...@googlegroups.com, Ralf Ramsauer
Did you configured your kernel specifically? Because I get

ls: cannot access '/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/online': No such file or
directory

i.e. my kernel isn't capable of taking core 0 offline. Maybe the
Jailhouse driver is not getting a proper error when trying this via the
corresponding kernel function.

Jan