RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Reference about Jailhouse w/out Linux

Devshatwar, Nikhil

Mar 8, 2018, 9:37:01 AM3/8/18
to Jan Kiszka, Vutla, Lokesh, Claudio Scordino, jailho...@googlegroups.com, Ralf Ramsauer, Mills, William
Adding the conversation to the Jailhouse mailing list
Converted the attachment to github gist
https://gist.github.com/nikhildevshatwar/e17121c1355422a61fddaa52615fc7a9

Regards,
Nikhil D

Peng Fan

Mar 12, 2018, 3:38:08 AM3/12/18
to Devshatwar, Nikhil, Jan Kiszka, Vutla, Lokesh, Claudio Scordino, jailho...@googlegroups.com, Ralf Ramsauer, Mills, William
Hi Nikhil,
On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 02:36:58PM +0000, 'Devshatwar, Nikhil' via Jailhouse wrote:
>Adding the conversation to the Jailhouse mailing list
>Converted the attachment to github gist
>https://gist.github.com/nikhildevshatwar/e17121c1355422a61fddaa52615fc7a9

Previous, I was thinking taking an RTOS(FreeRTOS, RTEMS or zephyr) as root cell,
but I did not came up a good choice (:. Seems FreeRTOS has A53 support, not sure about
SMP.

From your PoC, what's the benifit using a baremetal app comparing with
a RTOS?

Another question: Why "Finally load and run the root cell"?

Thanks,
Peng.