arm64 reference board

瀏覽次數:22 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Jan Kiszka

未讀,
2015年8月25日 中午12:21:572015/8/25
收件者:Antonios Motakis、Jailhouse
Hi Antonios,

do you happen to have checked this boards already, if it could become
something like a reference board for Jailhouse on ARM64?

https://www.96boards.org/products/ce/hikey/

It comes with proper GIC (in contrast to the Qualcomm Dragon) and seems
to have an SMMU as well. It's "just" not yet available on the market...

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RTC ITP SES-DE

Dmitry Voytik @ huawei

未讀,
2015年8月27日 上午8:51:522015/8/27
收件者:Jailhouse、antonios...@huawei.com
Hi Jan,

Let me put my two rusty cents in...

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 6:21:57 PM UTC+2, J. Kiszka wrote:
> Hi Antonios,
>
> do you happen to have checked this boards already, if it could become
> something like a reference board for Jailhouse on ARM64?
>
> https://www.96boards.org/products/ce/hikey/
>
> It comes with proper GIC (in contrast to the Qualcomm Dragon) and seems
> to have an SMMU as well. It's "just" not yet available on the market...

That's the problem, you can't buy it. So currently we use ARM DS-5 as the developing platform.
The board is a really good candidate. Until we get something not utterly expensive with PCI, this board could be the right choice. Especially it's Hisilicon ;)

> Jan
>
> --
> Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RTC ITP SES-DE

WBR,
Dmitry Voytik

Jan Kiszka

未讀,
2015年8月27日 上午9:20:102015/8/27
收件者:"Dmitry Voytik"@huawei、Jailhouse、antonios...@huawei.com
Hi Dmitry,

On 2015-08-27 14:51, Dmitry Voytik @ huawei wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Let me put my two rusty cents in...
>
> On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 6:21:57 PM UTC+2, J. Kiszka wrote:
>> Hi Antonios,
>>
>> do you happen to have checked this boards already, if it could become
>> something like a reference board for Jailhouse on ARM64?
>>
>> https://www.96boards.org/products/ce/hikey/
>>
>> It comes with proper GIC (in contrast to the Qualcomm Dragon) and seems
>> to have an SMMU as well. It's "just" not yet available on the market...
>
> That's the problem, you can't buy it. So currently we use ARM DS-5 as the developing platform.

I received an offer to get at least one board from a Linaro developer's
stock. If you see a value in early access, I can put you in contact.

But, right, this can't be a reference until it's more broadly available.

> The board is a really good candidate. Until we get something not utterly expensive with PCI, this board could be the right choice. Especially it's Hisilicon ;)

Oh, Huawei-owned... Can't you tell them to ship earlier? ;)

Antonios Motakis

未讀,
2015年8月27日 上午9:41:002015/8/27
收件者:Jan Kiszka、Jailhouse

Hi Jan,

On 25-Aug-15 18:21, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Hi Antonios,
>
> do you happen to have checked this boards already, if it could become
> something like a reference board for Jailhouse on ARM64?
>
> https://www.96boards.org/products/ce/hikey/
>
> It comes with proper GIC (in contrast to the Qualcomm Dragon) and seems
> to have an SMMU as well. It's "just" not yet available on the market...

As Dmitry pointed out, it looks like a nice target, if only it was available yet.
Btw where you able to confirm that it has an SMMU?

In the meantime, we have been looking into getting our hands on to some other more powerful options for development.

Antonios

--
Antonios Motakis
Virtualization Engineer

Jan Kiszka

未讀,
2015年8月27日 上午10:22:392015/8/27
On 2015-08-27 15:40, Antonios Motakis wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> On 25-Aug-15 18:21, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> Hi Antonios,
>>
>> do you happen to have checked this boards already, if it could become
>> something like a reference board for Jailhouse on ARM64?
>>
>> https://www.96boards.org/products/ce/hikey/
>>
>> It comes with proper GIC (in contrast to the Qualcomm Dragon) and seems
>> to have an SMMU as well. It's "just" not yet available on the market...
>>

> As Dmitry pointed out, it looks like a nice target, if only it was available yet.
> Btw where you able to confirm that it has an SMMU?

The publicly available manual is incomplete but it lists a SMMU_S
region. Didn't find further proof yet.

> In the meantime, we have been looking into getting our hands on to some other more powerful options for development.

If it's something commonly available, let us know.

Dmitry Voytik

未讀,
2015年8月27日 上午10:38:292015/8/27
收件者:Jan Kiszka、Jailhouse、antonios...@huawei.com
It's doable... we just need to wait when somebody from our team is
promoted to CTO :)

> --
> Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RTC ITP SES-DE

Best Regards,
Dmitry Voytik.
voy...@gmail.com

Antonios Motakis

未讀,
2015年8月28日 凌晨4:18:002015/8/28
收件者:Jan Kiszka、Jailhouse

On 27-Aug-15 16:22, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 2015-08-27 15:40, Antonios Motakis wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> On 25-Aug-15 18:21, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>> Hi Antonios,
>>>
>>> do you happen to have checked this boards already, if it could become
>>> something like a reference board for Jailhouse on ARM64?
>>>
>>> https://www.96boards.org/products/ce/hikey/
>>>
>>> It comes with proper GIC (in contrast to the Qualcomm Dragon) and seems
>>> to have an SMMU as well. It's "just" not yet available on the market...
>>>

>> As Dmitry pointed out, it looks like a nice target, if only it was available yet.
>> Btw where you able to confirm that it has an SMMU?
>
> The publicly available manual is incomplete but it lists a SMMU_S
> region. Didn't find further proof yet.
>

>> In the meantime, we have been looking into getting our hands on to some other more powerful options for development.
>
> If it's something commonly available, let us know.

In the meantime we have managed to get our hands on a HiKey board. Shiny!

Jan Kiszka

未讀,
2015年8月28日 清晨5:10:412015/8/28
On 2015-08-28 10:17, Antonios Motakis wrote:

> On 27-Aug-15 16:22, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> On 2015-08-27 15:40, Antonios Motakis wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jan,

>>> As Dmitry pointed out, it looks like a nice target, if only it was available yet.
>>> Btw where you able to confirm that it has an SMMU?
>>
>> The publicly available manual is incomplete but it lists a SMMU_S
>> region. Didn't find further proof yet.
>>

>>> In the meantime, we have been looking into getting our hands on to some other more powerful options for development.
>>
>> If it's something commonly available, let us know.
>
> In the meantime we have managed to get our hands on a HiKey board. Shiny!

Good connections... ;) Let me know if you choose to support it, then
I'll organize one here as well.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄