about jailhouse enable

charles king

Oct 10, 2015, 9:28:03 PM10/10/15
to jailho...@googlegroups.com
Hi, today I encounter a strange problem, when I want to enable some cell, code like this:
    jialhouse enable xxxx.cell
but the return value is "JAILHOUSE_ENABLE:Invalid argument". Why this?
So I read the code about the main.c file, and know the message of up reason, because the signature need "JAILHOUSE_SYSTEM_SIGNATURE", but what is this signature from? I saw all the cell.c file, but found nothing.
    Please help me.

    best regards
    from Xuguo Wang

Valentine Sinitsyn

Oct 11, 2015, 3:49:01 AM10/11/15
to charles king, jailho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 11.10.2015 06:28, charles king wrote:
> Hi, today I encounter a strange problem, when I want to enable some
> cell, code like this:
> jialhouse enable xxxx.cell
> but the return value is "JAILHOUSE_ENABLE:Invalid argument". Why this?
> So I read the code about the main.c file, and know the message of up
> reason, because the signature need "JAILHOUSE_SYSTEM_SIGNATURE", but
> what is this signature from? I saw all the cell.c file, but found nothing.
Create jailhouse/include/config.h and define CONFIG_TRACE_ERROR there.
Now, recompile Jailhouse and try re-enabling. It should print a source
of the error on QEMU console, where you get other Jailhouse messages.
What's it?

Best,
Valentine

Valentine Sinitsyn

Oct 11, 2015, 4:30:31 AM10/11/15
to charles king, Jailhouse
Hi,

Please reply to list.

On 11.10.2015 13:06, charles king wrote:
> Valentine, I create the directory include in jailhouse, and then touch
> config.h, add a macro "#define CONFIG_TRACE_ERROR", and then recompile
> the source, insmod jailhouse.ko, and then input "jailhouse enable
> linux-x86-demo.cell", the return is as same as before add this macro, am
> i does working right?
This option won't help to fix the problem, it will just show its source.
If you are on real hardware, you should use serial cable to grab error
messages, as described in the docs. Most likely, there is something in
root cell config.

Valentine

> best regards
> from Xuguo Wang

> <mailto:hudd...@gmail.com>>:
>
> Hi,
> Valentine, thanks for you reply.
> I'm not working on QEMU, on a real machine x86_64. I take a try
> in a minute.
>

> best regards.
> From Xuguo Wang

charles king

Oct 11, 2015, 5:42:58 AM10/11/15
to Valentine Sinitsyn, Jailhouse
Ok. But where is root config. Before "jailhouse enable linux-x86.cell", I need to enable root cell? or other something else?
I enter the directory /sys/devices/jailhouse/cells, and i found nothing in it, does it ok?

best regards
from Xuguo Wang

Valentine Sinitsyn

Oct 11, 2015, 7:07:34 AM10/11/15
to charles king, Jailhouse
On 11.10.2015 14:42, charles king wrote:
> Ok. But where is root config. Before "jailhouse enable linux-x86.cell",
> I need to enable root cell? or other something else?
> I enter the directory /sys/devices/jailhouse/cells, and i found nothing
> in it, does it ok?
Please read README or the LJ article under docs - they describe starting
Jailhouse in great detail.

Valentine

charles king

Oct 12, 2015, 8:42:41 AM10/12/15
to Valentine Sinitsyn, Jailhouse
    Right now, I am running the jailhouse cell apic-demo by reading the LJ...txt, and find a error:
> the txt said: sudo tools/jailhouse cell stat apic-demo, but actually it should be sudo tools/jialhouse cell stats apic-demo.

    best regards
    from Xuguo Wang

Henning Schild

Oct 12, 2015, 10:41:22 AM10/12/15
to charles king, Valentine Sinitsyn, Jailhouse
On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:42:40 +0800
charles king <hudd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now, I am running the jailhouse cell apic-demo by reading
> the LJ...txt, and find a error:
> > the txt said: sudo tools/jailhouse cell stat apic-demo, but
> > actually it
> should be sudo tools/jialhouse cell stats apic-demo.

Thanks. But that is just a copy of an article published elsewhere. It
is a minor typo and will probably not be corrected in our copy.

Henning

Valentine Sinitsyn

Oct 13, 2015, 1:26:44 AM10/13/15
to Henning Schild, charles king, Jailhouse
Hi Charles,

On 12.10.2015 19:41, Henning Schild wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:42:40 +0800
> charles king <hudd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Right now, I am running the jailhouse cell apic-demo by reading
>> the LJ...txt, and find a error:
>>> the txt said: sudo tools/jailhouse cell stat apic-demo, but
>>> actually it
>> should be sudo tools/jialhouse cell stats apic-demo.
>
> Thanks. But that is just a copy of an article published elsewhere. It
> is a minor typo and will probably not be corrected in our copy.
Alternatively, I'd appreciate if you can send us a patch fixing this in
our copy. See CONTRIBUTING.md

Valentine

charles king

Oct 13, 2015, 9:11:45 AM10/13/15
to Valentine Sinitsyn, Henning Schild, Jailhouse
hi,
    Valentine Sinitsyn, which repository can i pull request this to?

Valentine Sinitsyn

Oct 13, 2015, 9:14:49 AM10/13/15
to charles king, Henning Schild, Jailhouse
Hi,

On 13.10.2015 18:11, charles king wrote:
> hi,
> Valentine Sinitsyn, whichrepository can i pull request this to?
You can just post it here with git format-patch/git send-email.
Don't forget to add 'Signed-off-by' to commit message.

Valentine