Foreign Language Coordinator and GCS budget

Suzan Antin

Jul 10, 2006, 12:17:55 PM7/10/06
to Kinder Jones, 1stGrade Jones, 2ndGrade Jones, 3rdGrade Jones, 4thGrade Jones, 5thGrade Jones, SI PAG, Tracy Patterson, Barbara Stewart, Cathie Hodges, Mary Ann Wettach, Mary Lynn Redmond, P.J. Stocks, Monica Hix, Sally Alvarez, Janis Antonek, Janis Antonek, Rhonda Frazier, Joe Markley, Pam Hersh, Susan Inscoe, Rosemary Pukal, Requel Howard, Laura Wolf, Al Rubio, Stephanie Davis, Gisela Hood, Lisa Eilers, Steve Braye, Paula Murphy, David Williams, Lori Stafford, Chris Coughlin, Deb Banks HURLEY, Penny Canada, Irving Hamilton, Suzan Antin, Steve Arnett, Julie Bean, Lisa Boxley, Zulay Carvajal, Anna Crabtree, Darryl Deitsch, Monte and Julienne Edwards, Temple Eller, Cathy Gray, Don Gray, Elizabeth Hassard, Dawn Oakley Holzer, Angela Lennon, J Lennon, Cara Paradise, Greg and Lynette Physher, Deb Ramey, Lorrie Reid
Dear All,

I just returned from a two week trip and after looking at the News and Record's online archives, could not determine what had happened with the Foreign Language Coordinator that was proposed in the superintendent's budget request. So I emailed one of the education reporters, and this is her response:

"The board hasn't made any cuts yet. They were waiting on the state to finalize its budget. The board meets Tuesday (tomorrow) and the budget is on the agenda. I suspect we could see some of the cuts at that time, or at least get a better idea of where the board might head with it."

Please take time to send a brief note to Dr. Grier and to your board reps (Alan Duncan, Chair; Amos Quick, Vice-Chair; Dot Kearns and Dr. Nancy Routh, At Large; Deena Hayes, Jones' district rep; and the rep for your neighborhood school) and ask them to please support this position.  It is something that will benefit all foreign language teachers and students, not just immersion.  I can provide more details if you need them.

Dr. Grier's email ID is gri...@gcsnc.com.
Alan Duncan  is alan....@smithmoorelaw.com,
Amos Quick is qui...@gcsnc.com,
Dorothy Kearns is dotke...@aol.com,
Nancy Routh is nro...@bellsouth.net,
Deena Hayes is dhaye...@aol.com,

If you do not live in the Jones district, you can look up your assigned rep on the Guilford County Schools' website, www.gcsnc.com.  Look under Leadership/Board of Education/Members and you will see each board member listed along with the schools that are assigned to him or her.   Look for the person who is assigned to your neighborhood elementary school.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.  This is time-sensitive and it is VERY important that the board and Dr. Grier hear from a lot of us.

Suzan Antin

Suzan...@yahoo.com