week 16

Coach Cane

Oct 29, 2012, 4:27:34 PM10/29/12
to jackrabbit-sports---nyc...@googlegroups.com
Gang:

You're almost there.  I hope you enjoyed the preview of the last 8
miles on Saturday.

This week is all about resting up, staying
loose, and putting the finishing touches on all the hard work you've
put in to date.  If we do everything just right you won't be too tired, won't be too
rested, and will arrive on the bridge feeling like a caged animal
ready to race.

Speaking of caged animals, I know/hope that most of you are hunkered down and sheltered from the storm. Our plan for Tuesday - which  includes a run and our pre-race briefing - is obviously in jeopardy. I will continue to keep an eye on the Parks Department notifications as well as the status of the shop. Once we know the story, I'll let you know.  If the meeting has to be postponed, we'll reschedule ASAP. Regardless, I'll post a summary of all the topics that are discussed, so you'll have an idea of what's going on even if you miss the meeting.

Here's the training plan:
M: REST.  No running.  No cross training.  No nothing.
T: Final group run.   1 mile w/u, 2 miles at marathon pace, 1 mile c/d
we will have our pre-race briefing.
W: 1 mile w/u, 1 mile at marathon pace, 1 mile c/d
Th: 3 easy miles.  No faster than marathon + :30/mile
F: REST
Sa: Easy 1-2 miles.  Nothing even remotely approaching marathon pace.
Just enough to stay loose and avoid being sluggish on race day
Su: 26.2 fun filled miles.  Smile at me on the right side of 5th
Avenue at 136th Street in Harlem as you go by.

And please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or
concerns.  I will respond in no more than 24 hours to any and all
inquiries. You're almost there - rest up and get psyched for your
race. You're gonna be just fine.