Installer build with Jenkins

Oliver Kersten

Jan 11, 2017, 9:15:13 AM1/11/17
to izpack-user
Hi,
I try to automize the build of the installer with jenkins but it fails with the following exception.

Logging initialized at level 'ALL'
Setting the installer information
Adding uninstaller
Setting the installer information
Setting the console preferences
Setting the GUI preferences
Adding langpack: eng
Adding resource: flag.eng
Adding panel: TargetPanel_0 :: Classname : com.izforge.izpack.panels.target.TargetPanel
Adding panel: PacksPanel_1 :: Classname : com.izforge.izpack.panels.packs.PacksPanel
Adding panel: InstallPanel_2 :: Classname : com.izforge.izpack.panels.install.InstallPanel
Adding panel: FinishPanel_3 :: Classname : com.izforge.izpack.panels.finish.FinishPanel
Marked target file parsable: {0}
Adding pack {0} containing {1} files
[ Begin ]

[izpack] Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.ant.IzpackAntRunnable.run(IzpackAntRunnable.java:83)

[izpack]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

[izpack] Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name

[izpack]     at sun.misc.URLClassPath$Loader.findResource(URLClassPath.java:658)

[izpack]     at sun.misc.URLClassPath$1.next(URLClassPath.java:240)

[izpack]     at sun.misc.URLClassPath$1.hasMoreElements(URLClassPath.java:250)

[izpack]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$3$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:601)

[izpack]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$3$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:599)

[izpack]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

[izpack]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$3.next(URLClassLoader.java:598)

[izpack]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$3.hasMoreElements(URLClassLoader.java:623)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.merge.resolve.PathResolver.findResources(PathResolver.java:147)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.merge.resolve.PathResolver.resolvePath(PathResolver.java:66)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.merge.resolve.PathResolver.getMergeableFromPath(PathResolver.java:118)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.merge.MergeManagerImpl.addResourceToMerge(MergeManagerImpl.java:66)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.compiler.packager.impl.PackagerBase.writeManifest(PackagerBase.java:459)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.compiler.packager.impl.PackagerBase.writeInstaller(PackagerBase.java:427)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.compiler.packager.impl.PackagerBase.createInstaller(PackagerBase.java:373)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.compiler.Compiler.createInstaller(Compiler.java:161)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.compiler.CompilerConfig.executeCompiler(CompilerConfig.java:368)

[izpack]     at com.izforge.izpack.ant.IzpackAntRunnable.run(IzpackAntRunnable.java:79)

[izpack]     ... 1 more

When I run the ANT script direkt on the command line (on the same windows machine) everything works fine.
I use the example install script from the izpack home page to test it with izpack 5.0.10.

Any idea what the problem is?
thanks,
Oliver

René Krell

Jan 11, 2017, 10:16:50 AM1/11/17
to izpack-user
Hi Oliver,

it seems like you pull mixed versions of some dependent IzPack libraries into your Ant build. If you use the maven-antrun-plugin try to echo the classpath or whatever shows the particular libraries loaded.
You can try to add the izpack-compiler and all transitive dependencies of it to the dependencyManagement section of your POM defining a given version and use the dedicated dependencyfilesets task to get them to your Ant build.

I'd recommend to use Maven builds, the izpack-maven-plugin does handle alle dependencies correctly for you.
This has been working for years here without any trouble.

René

Oliver Kersten

Jan 13, 2017, 7:59:20 AM1/13/17
to izpack-user
Still no idea what's wrong. Everthing seems to be the same (java, maven, ant).
But the solution to build it with maven works for me.

thanks for your hint,
Oliver