[izpack-user] Trouble using loose pack

Craig L. Ching

Mar 17, 2009, 11:06:54 AM3/17/09
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
Hi all,

To begin with, I'm doing this in maven using the izpack-maven-plugin
version 1.0-alpha-5 which appears to support the new IzPack 4.2.1.

I'm trying to do the following:

<pack name="Java 1.6 JRE" required="yes" loose="true">
<description>Java 1.6 JRE</description>
<file src="jre" targetdir="$INSTALL_PATH"/>
</pack>

Basically, I have a self-extracting zip file that includes a JRE to run
the installer. As part of the installation process, I want IzPack to
copy the jre directory to my installation directory. Is this possible
with loose packs? Or am I doing something wrong? The error I'm getting
is:

Embedded error:
c:\dev\appwise\appwise-install\target\staging\install.xml:103:
c:\dev\appwise\appwise-install\target\staging\jre

It seems like izpack is looking for a jre directory in my staging area.
Maybe I'm not supposed to use <file> with a loose pack?

Here's the stack trace from a 'mvn -e clean install':

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: IzPack
compilation ERROR

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:583)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:142)
at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
at
java:39)
at
sorImpl.java:25)
at
at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: IzPack
compilation ER
ROR
at
org.izpack.mojo.IzPackMojo.buildInstaller(IzPackMojo.java:256)
at org.izpack.mojo.IzPackMojo.execute(IzPackMojo.java:162)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:451)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
... 16 more
Caused by: com.izforge.izpack.compiler.CompilerException:
c:\dev\appwise\appwise
-install\target\staging\install.xml:103:
c:\dev\appwise\appwise-install\target\s
taging\jre
at com.izforge.izpack.compiler.CompilerConfig.parseError(Unknown
Source)

at
com.izforge.izpack.compiler.CompilerConfig.addPacksSingle(Unknown Sou
rce)
at com.izforge.izpack.compiler.CompilerConfig.addPacks(Unknown
Source)
at
com.izforge.izpack.compiler.CompilerConfig.executeCompiler(Unknown So
urce)
at
org.izpack.mojo.IzPackMojo.buildInstaller(IzPackMojo.java:247)
... 19 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
c:\dev\appwise\appwise-install\target\
staging\jre
at com.izforge.izpack.compiler.PackInfo.addFile(Unknown Source)
at
com.izforge.izpack.compiler.CompilerConfig.addRecursively(Unknown Sou
rce)
... 23 more

Bühlmann Florian

Mar 18, 2009, 4:13:25 AM3/18/09
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
All files that should be included in the loose pack must be available at compilation time.
This means that you should hava a jre directory that contains the same files as you pack in the self extracting zip.
It would also possible to write a installer listener (after pack) to copy the jre files.

cheers Florian

Craig L. Ching

Mar 18, 2009, 9:56:56 AM3/18/09
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
Thanks Florian, I appreciate the answer!

Cheers,
Craig