[izpack-user] Automated install - issues running custom process classes

Niambh Scullion

Aug 20, 2010, 12:15:39 PM8/20/10
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me, we have created a finish panel that produces an xml automation script, using the recommendation of using GridbagLayout.

When I run my automated script using the following command “java -jar -verbose Development.jar installDocument.xml” (the installDocument is in the same directory as my installer).

In our installer, we have a number of classes that are executed as part of the ProcessPanelSpec, when I run my installer and pass in my xml file, I am getting the error below:

Read pack list from xml definition.

Try to remove from selection [Name: C·ram Reporting and Index: 0]

Try to add to selection [Name: C·ram Enterprise Framework and Index: 1]

Modify pack selection.

Pack [Name: C·ram Reporting and Index: 0] removed from selection.

[ Starting processing ]

Starting process Setting Installation Data (1/9)

Calculating installation information.

[ ERROR: Invocation Problem calling : curam.installerinf.processmanager.ApplicationInstallationManager, null ]

[ Processing finished ]

com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerException: The work done by the ProcessPanel (line 65) failed

com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerException: The work done by the ProcessPanel (line 65) failed

        at com.izforge.izpack.panels.ProcessPanelAutomationHelper.runAutomated(Unknown Source)

        at com.izforge.izpack.installer.AutomatedInstaller.installPanel(Unknown Source)

        at com.izforge.izpack.installer.AutomatedInstaller.doInstall(Unknown Source)

        at com.izforge.izpack.installer.Installer.main(Unknown Source)

[ Automated installation FAILED! ]

In my ApplicationInstallationManager I have a method

public void run(final AbstractUIProcessHandler handler,

    final String[] arguments){

//do

//some

//stuff

}

Do I need anything extra to run a process class in an Automated install. I also need to add, we keep our class files completely separate to IZPack, and all our classes are jared into our own jar file.

Many thanks in advance,

Niambh