[izpack-user] maven plugin sample pom

GizzPack

Dec 15, 2008, 6:05:19 PM12/15/08
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
I gave the Maven plugin sample pom.xml a spin and got the following error:

[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory c:\home\projects\product\trunk\module\izpack\izpack\src\izpack

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] IzPack compilation ERROR

Embedded error: Configuration file does not exist: c:\home\project\product\trunk\module\izpack\izpack\staging\install.xml
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: IzPack compilation ERROR
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.java:564)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycl
eExecutor.java:493)

---
Here is my dir structure where I have the staging dir on the same level as the pom.xml
  src/main/izpack/install.xml
  staging/
  pom.xml
  target/

---- here are snippets from my pom.xml
pom.xml
<configuration>
                <tasks>
                  <copy todir="${staging.dir}">
                    <fileset dir="${basedir}/src/main/izpack" />
                  </copy>
                </tasks>
              </configuration>

  <properties>
    <staging.dir>${basedir}/staging</staging.dir>
  </properties>

I am assuming ${basedir} is the same directory I am running the pom.xml from.

---
Even though I have configured the pom to look in src/main/izpack/ it still looks by default in src/izpack/.  Is this working right?

thanks

Dan Tran

Dec 15, 2008, 6:11:44 PM12/15/08
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
since you change hte default location of staging and may break the
plugin, could you reproduce it in a smaller pom and submit a jira?
if it is actually a bug?

-D

GizzPack

Dec 15, 2008, 6:14:29 PM12/15/08
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
It looks like what is happening is that it looks for install.xml only, and always in src/izpack/ no matter the config, but the rest of the resource files (LICENSE.txt, README.txt etc) wherever it is configured.

Is this the desired behaviour or an issue that needs to be logged in jira?

thanks

Dan Tran

Dec 15, 2008, 6:15:57 PM12/15/08
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
use 'descriptor" configuration of plugin to change the default value