Unable to install modules with ivysvn resolver

Alexandre Gacon

Jun 13, 2010, 2:44:05 AM6/13/10
to ivysvn
Hi,

I would like to use the ivysvn resolver to migrate by current file-
based resolver by a subversion based one.

I want to do the migration by using the ivy:install command but when I
use it, I get an exception like this:

E:\build.xml:7: impossible to install com.bluekaizen#bksystem;0.0.0-
snapshot: ja
va.io.IOException
at
fm.last.ivy.plugins.svnresolver.SvnRepository.commitPublishTransactio
n(SvnRepository.java:215)
at
fm.last.ivy.plugins.svnresolver.SvnResolver.commitPublishTransaction(
SvnResolver.java:58)
at
org.apache.ivy.core.install.InstallEngine.install(InstallEngine.java:
154)
at org.apache.ivy.Ivy.install(Ivy.java:526)
at org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyInstall.doExecute(IvyInstall.java:
101)
at org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyTask.execute(IvyTask.java:277)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.jav
a:106)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:411)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1397)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:
1366)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExe
cutor.java:41)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:
1249)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:218)
at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:280)
at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
109)
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: File not found:
transaction
'1-1', path '/com.bluekaizen/bksystem/0.0.0-snapshot/bksystem/0.0.0-
snapshot'
svn: '/svn-repos/ivyrep/!svn/bc/1/com.bluekaizen/bksystem/LATEST' path
not found
: 404 Not Found (http://subversion:8080)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorMana
ger.java:64)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorMana
ger.java:51)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.doCopy(DAVConnec
tion.java:474)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVCommitEditor.addDir(DAVComm
itEditor.java:154)
at
fm.last.ivy.plugins.svnresolver.SvnPublishTransaction.copyDiff(SvnPub
lishTransaction.java:353)
at
fm.last.ivy.plugins.svnresolver.SvnPublishTransaction.commit(SvnPubli
shTransaction.java:179)
at
fm.last.ivy.plugins.svnresolver.SvnRepository.commitPublishTransactio
n(SvnRepository.java:213)
... 22 more

Is it a problem with the install task ? Should I publish by hand all
my modules instead ?

In my SVN repo, I have the LATEST path mentionned in the error log,
with all my artifacts.

Greetings

Alexandre

Alexandre Gacon

Jun 14, 2010, 8:18:04 AM6/14/10
to ivysvn
Disabling the binaryDiff function removes the problem.

Alexandre

Mass Dosage

Jun 14, 2010, 11:58:48 AM6/14/10
to ivy...@googlegroups.com, alexand...@gmail.com
Hey Alexandre,

I've never used IvySvn to do an install so it doesn't surprise me that
it didn't work. I'm glad you managed to solve it by turning binary
diff off, this makes sense as binary diff doesn't really make sense in
that context. When I next get some time to work on IvySvn I will look
into whether I can detect this case and automatically turn binary diff
off, if not then the very least we can do is mention this in the
documentation.

Regards,

Adrian