Problems with an APRILIA PEGASO 650

Philippe ANDRE

Mar 3, 2001, 9:22:10 AM3/3/01
Hi

First sorry for the English but I don't speak (or write) italian so ....

So I have a PEGASO, it's a very nice bike but I have an electrical gremlin in it !

It seems that there is a problem with the kill switch of the side stand. Sometimes the engine simply stops working
while the bike is running and the only way to get it working again is to go into neutral and then U can use the electric starter,
just as if the side stand was down. In fact 2 times it just happens the following thing : I was in neutral, side stand up and just
by putting in the first gear the motor stopped, no starter available until I go into neutral.

Of course this is a random fault and it never occurs when the Aprilia mechanics look at the bike !!
One thing is sure : it is not the CDI, we did try another one with no results. At last this means the final bill will no be too high.

In France this bike is not so common so there is no documentation available but I think that in Italy this bike is much more common.

What I need is a figure of the electrical wiring and also the location of these parts on the bike.
Then I will be able to do some tests by myself and avoid the laboe cost charged by the dealer ...

A scan, an url or even an adress where to buy on-line this documentation would be fine.

Many thank's in advance

Bye

Remove NOSPAM from my adress to answer me

Rookie

Mar 3, 2001, 7:30:01 PM3/3/01
On Sat, 03 Mar 2001 14:22:10 GMT, phil_and...@magic.fr (Philippe
ANDRE) così si espresse:

>First sorry for the English but I don't speak (or write) italian so ....

Per chi non sa l'inglese..riassunto:
ha problemi elettrici con la Pegaso (ho fatto bene a prendere il FW!),
ogni tanto la moto si spegne come se scattasse l'interrutore sul
cavalletto. Vorrebbe dare un'occhiata all'impianto elettrico e cerca
lo schema. Lo comprerebbe pure, sapendo dove rivolgersi. Se qualcuno
puo' aiutarlo e vuole la traduzione completa me lo faccia sapere.

Stefano "Rookie" & Suzuki XF650 Freewind "Petunia"

RickRD

Mar 3, 2001, 7:33:18 PM3/3/01
ANDRE) scrisse:

>What I need is a figure of the electrical wiring and also the location of these parts on the bike.

I'm sorry, I haven't. But....

>Then I will be able to do some tests by myself and avoid the laboe cost charged by the dealer ...

Why do you need the electrical scheme? It should be a very simple
problem. Probably it's the side stand switch that is "gone mad"! Have
you tried to disconnect this switch? You can ride some days with the
switch disconnected(don't forget to draw back the side stand!!!), and
so you can check if the trouble is due to a "crazy switch"
Ciao
--
RickRD n°11 del N.I.D. e finalmente membro del club PPCSP
MitoRD 350 (wow!) + Yamaha RD350 + Gilera Dakota 350 (*1.6)

Gentle

Mar 5, 2001, 6:29:48 AM3/5/01
> >Then I will be able to do some tests by myself and avoid the laboe cost
charged by the dealer ...

> Why do you need the electrical scheme? It should be a very simple
> problem. Probably it's the side stand switch that is "gone mad"! Have
> you tried to disconnect this switch? You can ride some days with the
> switch disconnected(don't forget to draw back the side stand!!!), and
> so you can check if the trouble is due to a "crazy switch"
> Ciao

Sure, as suggested from RickRD you can disconnect the cables from that
switch, but maybe you've to short circuit that cables: I don't know if that
switch must be close or open to make the engine run.
Bye, Gentle

--
Gentle ...di Varese, provincia.
TL1000S + Mito 125 per la pista (in via di sistemazione...)

Le FAQ di IHM: http://utenti.tripod.it/catja/faq.htm
Istruzioni per l'uso di IHM: http://utenti.tripod.it/catja/gen_i.htm
IL Database Ufficiale Di IHM (By DUDI): www.ihm.it
La mia HP: http://digilander.iol.it/thegentle/index.htm

VOTA BALASSO VOTA BALASSO VOTA BALASSO: CENTRO DENTRO, IL BUCO COL PARTITO
INTORNO

RickRD

Mar 5, 2001, 9:00:57 AM3/5/01
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:29:48 +0100, "Gentle" <theg...@libero.it>
scrisse:

>Sure, as suggested from RickRD you can disconnect the cables from that
>switch, but maybe you've to short circuit that cables: I don't know if that
>switch must be close or open to make the engine run.

Yes, that's obvious! ;-)
Ciao

PS. Mecojons! It seems to be on an international NG. :-)))

Gentle

Mar 5, 2001, 10:50:42 AM3/5/01
> PS. Mecojons! It seems to be on an international NG. :-)))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sure :-))) (Note my sign)
We are the nucleus of a future world!
--
Gentle ...from Varese, province.
TL1000S + Mito 125 for the circuit (in progress...)

IHM FAQ: http://utenti.tripod.it/catja/faq.htm
IHM instruction: http://utenti.tripod.it/catja/gen_i.htm
The official database of IHM (By DUDI): www.ihm.it
My HP: http://digilander.iol.it/thegentle/index.htm

VOTE FOR BALASSO VOTE FOR BALASSO VOTE FOR BALASSO: CENTER INSIDE, THE HOLE
WITH PARTY AROUND

Sleepers

Mar 5, 2001, 11:39:13 AM3/5/01
phil_and...@magic.fr (Philippe ANDRE) ha scritto:

>First sorry for the English but I don't speak (or write) italian so ...

Please, set the correct line lenght of your newsreader.
Options/Posting preferences/line lenght (about 72-75 char.).

TNX.

f/up to poster

Ciao, Alessio.
--
PER RISPONDERE TOGLIERE .linus
Il manuale di Agent: http://space.tin.it/cinema/claveron/alessio/index.htm

RickRD

Mar 5, 2001, 5:26:21 PM3/5/01
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:50:42 +0100, "Gentle" <theg...@libero.it>
scrisse:

>Sure :-))) (Note my sign)

You're crazy, a fuckin' crazy! ;-)))

>We are the nucleus of a future world!

We are people of the future!!!! (What a big "dickata"!)
Bye

Mamola

Mar 6, 2001, 5:27:28 AM3/6/01
In piena derapata, Sleepers <sleeper...@tin.it> aveva il tempo di scrivere:

>Please, set the correct line lenght of your newsreader.
>Options/Posting preferences/line lenght (about 72-75 char.).

Please, set the "Word Wrap" on your newsreader ......!!!!!!! ;-)))))))
Easy.

CIAPS

Gutturnio & Cotechino !!

--------
ALEX - Milano (Cernusco sul Naviglio)
SUZUKI RF 900 R '94 Rosso Fuoco
ex - DUCATI SS 350 '91 Rossa
togli NOAGLISPAM e otterrai l'e-mail
ICQ. 66637165

Ride across the river, deep and wide ... (Dire Straits)