general advice

Islander User

Jun 2, 2016, 3:23:02 PM6/2/16
to islandora
I am completely new to repository systems and given a big task to create huge repository. I am still looking for different technologies. So far I like Islandora and Hydra-Fedora.
I am not sure how much programming will be involved in this. Can someone explain me in detail how it works?

Thanks

Melissa Anez

Jun 2, 2016, 3:31:41 PM6/2/16
to islandora
"How it works" is a pretty big question, but we have some starter documentation here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA/About+Islandora that might help to give you a general picture of how the pieces fit together and what's involved in running it. If that's not detailed enough, I can point you to some more targeted documentation :)

- Melissa

Islander User

Jun 2, 2016, 3:59:29 PM6/2/16
to islandora
I have gone through these documentation already. What I would like to know more is programming point of view. Once the instance is running, how the repository is configured with big storage system? how custom metadata is created. How flexible it is for custom metadata? Is there is any performance comparison with other search repositories?

Islander User

Jun 2, 2016, 3:59:57 PM6/2/16
to islandora
But In general I would like to understand the concept of Repository.