Islandora Form Fieldpanel as alternative to quicktabs for form builder

Ashok Modi

Feb 18, 2015, 12:31:21 PM2/18/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I wanted to mention the Islandora Form Fieldpanel module as an alternative field element to the Tabs. It is simply to provide a way to enter data for multi-value fields in a similar fashion to what is offered via the Drupal Field UI. The advantage of the module would be that you can see all the data up-front without needing to click on any tabs. The downside is that you can end up with a lot of scrolling. This module also provides better capabilities to reorder data.

Per the suggestion of Mitch at Islandora Camp, I am posting it to the islandora group. You can find the module at https://github.com/cherryhill/islandora_form_fieldpanel

Nick Ruest

Feb 18, 2015, 12:43:53 PM2/18/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
What's the chance of contributing[1] this back to the Islandora
Foundation? I think it would be great if that could happen.

-nruest

[1] http://islandora.ca/resources/contributors
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---

Ashok Modi

Feb 18, 2015, 12:51:39 PM2/18/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
The chance would be 100%. I had signed the CLA a while ago so anything done by me is up for grabs. I can attach an open source license which makes it clear any person/institution is free to fork it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, (e)mail - upgrade it ;)

-Ashok
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "islandora" group.

Nick Ruest

Feb 18, 2015, 12:55:39 PM2/18/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!

All you would have to do to start the process, is send a note to the
list like this[1].

-nruest

[1]
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/islandora/disk$20image/islandora/XLy96GEjNNI/6vvHMzzpaiwJ

Ashok Modi

Feb 18, 2015, 1:03:44 PM2/18/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks for that link. The plan will be to get this done later today (def. today).