Issue creating tabs/tab panels in Form Builder that will populate with repeated elements

Andrea Briggs

Jun 19, 2015, 3:21:35 PM6/19/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I've been working on making modifications to Priscilla Caplan's FSU Full MODS form, and have run into a problem with creating tabs/tab panels in the form.

In our local use of MODS, we repeat the <mods:dateOther> element twice, such as in the example below:

<mods:originInfo>
    <mods:dateCreated encoding="iso8601" keyDate="yes">1973</mods:dateCreated>
    <mods:dateOther type="display">1973</mods:dateOther>
    <mods:dateOther type="sort">1973-01-01T00:00:00</mods:dateOther>
</mods:originInfo>

I have modified the form to structure the <mods:dateOther> element into tabs/tab panel, with the attributes/value displaying as fields within each tab. This is structured like the <mods:name> element at the beginning of the form. What I would like to do is have the values of the repeated <mods:dateOther> elements populate into separate tabs, like the <mods:name> element does when provided with repeated instances of <mods:name>. [1]

As it stands, the modified form will read the values of repeated <mods:dateOther> elements in an uploaded/provided MODS XML record, but instead of populating a second tab with the second instance of the <mods:dateOther> element, the form will generate additional fields and populate them with the values in the same tab, below the first instance of the values. [2]

Can anyone identify where the problem is, or suggest how it might be fixed? I have attached the relevant section of our modified form (the form properties and the entire <mods:originInfo> element tabs/tab panel structure). [3]

Is it possible that the fact the <mods:dateOther> tabs/tab panel is contained within an existing tabs/tab panel for <mods:originInfo> might be what's keeping the repeated elements from populating a second tab? Or is there an issue with the xPath or CRUD function setup instead?

Best,

Andrea

[1] modsName.jpg
[2] modsdateOther.jpg
[3] FormSelection-originInfo.xml

Diego Pino

Jun 20, 2015, 10:23:15 AM6/20/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrea, i think i did not fully understand what you are trying to do/where the problem is, so i have a few questions:

[2] is how you wan't the form to display? Or how it now displays?

A.- The form you have created [3] is visually right for your needs but does not populate the XML terms as intended on ingest? OR
B.- The form you have created [3] is not "showing" (i mean visually) the structure you wan't?
C.- A and B. Means is not how you wan't it and also not populating the XML?
D.-  The form you have created [3] is visually right for your needs, it populates correctly a new XML but does not read back the values as intended on metadata edit?

It would help if you could attach a "ideal/example" XML MODS file with correct info so i could test CRUD and suggest some changes.

Cheers

Diego Pino