[Metadata IG] Samvera Metadata Interest Group Notes 2017-09-26

Ruth Kitchin Tillman

Sep 28, 2017, 8:37:38 AM9/28/17
to samvera-...@googlegroups.com, samvera-...@googlegroups.com, fedora-c...@googlegroups.com, samver...@googegroups.com, isla...@googlegroups.com
Notes from the September 26 call are now available on the wiki: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/samvera/Metadata+Call+2017-09-26

Of note:
- Due to overlap with DLF and both co-facilitators attending, there will be no October meeting.

SamveraConnect highlights:
- Metadata Interest Group meeting on Thursday November 9. (we're looking how to get call-in scheduled)
- Ruth & Julie H. presenting on documenting metadata practices for migration projects.
- Julie Allinson will be demoing Dog Biscuits app, modeling different types of objects in Hyrax.
- Alex Dunn and Chrissy Rissmeyer presenting on using github for managing metadata
- Panel on migration, will include metadata perspective (Julie H participating)
- Also, we asked James Griffin if he could present a bit about what Metadata folks should know about Valkyrie during the IG meeting.

Thanks to our note taker, Maggie Dickinson!

Julie Hardesty and Ruth Tillman, SMIG co-chairs