only first MODS subject is indexing

Richard Shrake

Mar 19, 2015, 9:09:15 AM3/19/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I have records that follow the model of

<mods:subject>
 <mods:topic/>
<mods:subject>

<mods:subject>
 <mods:topic/>
<mods:subject>

Only the first subject is getting indexed. I'm using the DG slurp_all_MODS_to_solr stylesheet, but I can't quite figure out what might be causing this. Any help would be most appreciated.

Nick Ruest

Mar 19, 2015, 9:13:35 AM3/19/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
If you take a look at your available Solr fields, you'll probably have
something like

mods_subject_topic_s

and

mods_subject_topic_ms

(this will be at :8080/solr/#/YOURCORENAME/schema-browser if you're on
Solr 4+)

The first value will most likely be in the first one, and the remaining
values in the second one.

If you want all of them in the single fields, you can create a Solr copy
field and mush them all into it. Something like:

<copyField source="mods_subject_topic_ms"
dest="mods_subject_topic_all_ms" />

<copyField source="mods_subject_topic_s" dest="mods_subject_topic_all_ms" />

-nruest
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---

Richard Shrake

Mar 19, 2015, 9:46:00 AM3/19/15