IA book reader with ssl

Richard Shrake

May 11, 2017, 3:28:47 PM5/11/17
to islandora
Hi. We're having an issue displaying books through the  IA bookreader when using ssl. Open SeaDragon is working for images and books display fine for http, but when we enable https, the books won't display unless I go into islandora_bookreader.js and change the resource_uri to replace https with http ('rft_id': resource_uri.replace('https', 'http').

But when I do that, I lose the dimensions and I can't zoom or move the image around in the bookreader.

There has to be a better way to handle this. We were able to allow images and pages though openseadragon on https by configuring rewrites in apache, but that wouldn't take care of the bookreader images.

Any help will be most welcome.

dric...@utk.edu

May 11, 2017, 3:38:34 PM5/11/17
to islandora
I'm walking out the door right now but I did want to say that we've ran into this in the past I think the answer was within our theme/template. I'll ask my team tomorrow and respond in the morning if no one else has.  See if it reacts the same between browsers. I think this is how we identified the issue.

dp...@metro.org

May 11, 2017, 3:40:30 PM5/11/17
to islandora
Richard, please open a JIRA ticket so we can proceed to discuss, test and hopefully correct. I guess you mean SSL on Drupal right, but keeping Adore-djatoka under non ssl right?
f you need to tweak this manually I would suggest doing it on the theming level instead of javascript directly
and that means you can do it even in your own theme if needed.

Diego Pino

p37

May 11, 2017, 3:53:44 PM5/11/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Richard,  I'm guessing that this is something to do with the djatoka only being able to use http, but you mentioned rewriting the urls, so, maybe not.   In our system, a https connection that is destined for djatoka gets rewritten to be http and then gets sent to djatoka.
In the config for the large image viewer and the paged content viewer for the bookreader the config urls are still http not https even though the address of the page is https.  Does your large image viewer work?

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Richard Shrake

May 11, 2017, 4:05:05 PM5/11/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Yep, large image works. We do the same thing with Djatoka.

I've subsequently discovered that the book viewer does actually work for some objects and I've discovered some inconsistencies across objects, so I think there is a data problem at the our Fedora layer.