Islandora Drupal Filter does not work with Fedora 3.5

Tomasz Cielecki

Jul 22, 2011, 8:27:24 AM7/22/11
to islandora
Hello Islandora,

As of Fedora 3.5 they have changed configuration of filters so that it
depends on Spring to make Fedora more pluggable, I guess.

Therefore I would like to know if anyone has attempted to make a new
Filter that works with Fedora 3.5 or has some working code?

Best regards
Tomasz Cielecki

Tomasz Cielecki

Jul 25, 2011, 7:21:49 AM7/25/11
to islandora
Sorry I was wrong about the spring thing. But I still can't get it to
work with Fedora 3.5, any ideas?

Tomasz Cielecki

Jul 27, 2011, 8:34:15 AM7/27/11
to islandora
With some debugging on the Fedora Commons Users list I got it to work.
Apparently it works fine on 3.5 but for some reason it just didn't
want to right away on my installation. Disregard this post.

Whitworth, Cliff

Jul 27, 2011, 1:16:24 PM7/27/11
to isla...@googlegroups.com
This is good news Tomasz - are these issues we will face when we upgrade? Will this be documented? Thanks for sharing,

Best regards,
cliff

Tomasz Cielecki

Aug 1, 2011, 7:31:00 AM8/1/11
to islandora
Following the instructions already present for installation with
Fedora 3.4.2 will make it work with Fedora 3.5.

We actually don't know what the actual problem was with my test
installation. Everything seemed to be correctly set up.
After switching the two lines under fedora-auth {(...)} in the
jaas.conf and restarting the server, it started recognizing the
DrupalFilter. Switching them back afterwards did not introduce any
problems and it worked fine as with the entries switched.

Since then it has worked flawlessly.

On Jul 27, 7:16 pm, "Whitworth, Cliff" <Cliff.Whitwo...@unt.edu>

Jonathan Green

Aug 3, 2011, 1:37:21 PM8/3/11
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Thats great Tomasz! Thanks for posting and letting everyone know.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
Jonathan Green