Seeking iCamp advice

Geoffrey Skinner

Jul 1, 2016, 3:58:18 PM7/1/16
to islandora

I attended iCampCA in 2014 and it was a great experience. We are finally in the process of preparing to move to Islandora this year. My IT manager suggests that I attend iCampMO, but before I reply to her, it isn’t obvious that I would necessarily get a lot of new material and I have been keeping up with Islandora developments through this list, as well as playing with an Islandora VM on several occasions. By the dates of iCampMO, I expect to have set up a test instance and configured collections, labels, etc. That said, I would consider going a refresher, but only if it were useful enough. Any advice or opinions would be most welcome. Thanks!

Geoffrey Skinner, Cataloging and Metadata Librarian

Sonoma County Library

211 E Street, Santa Rosa, CA

gski...@sonoma.lib.ca.us

Jennifer Eustis

Jul 5, 2016, 10:09:22 AM7/5/16
to islandora
Hi Geoffrey,

There is an Islandora Conference coming in 2017. I haven't been to one but have heard great things.

Jennifer

Geoffrey Skinner

Jul 5, 2016, 12:44:09 PM7/5/16
to islandora
I noticed that was coming. My sense is that will be a more useful event at this point.

Geoffrey