Display EAD finding aids in Islandora

Tyler

Jun 16, 2011, 10:18:33 AM6/16/11
to islandora
Hi All,

I'm interested in storing and displaying our EAD finding aids in
Islandora. Presently, we run our EAD xml files through an XSLT
conversion for display online. Does anyone know if Islandora supports
anything like this? I had previously been looking at XTF as it comes
with support for finding aid display.

Thanks,
Tyler

Nick Ruest

Jun 17, 2011, 9:57:51 AM6/17/11
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I'm definitely interested. I would like to do something similar with RAD.

Would it just be the case of creating content models for them, and using
REL/EXT to link associated content that is/will be in the repository?

-nruest

Tyler

Jun 17, 2011, 12:44:58 PM6/17/11
to islandora
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but I'm fairly new to the concept. How
hard would it be to throw together a new content model for something
like that? My archivists want their finding aids to display something
like a traditional finding aid layout.

pixelatedpete

Jun 17, 2011, 5:34:43 AM6/17/11
to islandora
Tyler,

We don't use Islandora at the Bodleian Library, but we do go some way
towards displaying the EAD. Like you we transform it to HTML and embed
the entire finding aid - as a Drupal node (with type EAD). The other
thing we do is use the structure of the EAD to provide a browse for
the collection based on a simple model:

Collection -> Shelfmarks -> Items

We do this with a custom module for Drupal along with some parsing of
the EAD in what we call "CollectionBuilder" - that transforms the AIP
to the DIP if you want to use those terms. We create a couple of
tables in the Drupal database to store the relationship information.

I'd love to be able to say that you can have all the code and all will
be well, but I cannot as I think it is currently quite specific.

I did want to highlight that Drupal (and thus Islandora) is flexible
enough to do nice things with EAD however.

If I get the chance (it is looking unlikely these days), I might be
creating a Drupal module to read and display EAD in a prettier way
than we do now and will happily share this.

Mind you, I'm off to take a look at XTF now! :-)

Pete

Tyler

Jun 18, 2011, 1:25:45 PM6/18/11
to islandora
Wow, we might have to look into that. If you ever get around to making
that module, do let me know! Looks like I need to get a better grasp
on content models pretty quickly.

As for XTF, it handles EAD wonderfully (same for books in TEI), but
it's also its own separate system. I'm currently trying to get our
various data out of all these different silos, so I hesitate to
accidentally build more of them in trying to fix the problem.

Don

Jun 19, 2011, 10:03:01 AM6/19/11
to islandora
Hi ... this is a great thread. Definitely Islandora would support this
kind of transformation.

If you've already got an XSLT that transforms an EAD xml file into
something that is web displayable, then you are most of the way
there.

As an example we use a Fedora disseminator (a service deployment and
service definition) to generate a web viewable HTML stream for our
MODS xml. Here's an example of the output ...
http://www.islandimagined.ca/fedora/repository/imagined:208356/-/#tabs-tabset-2

If you send along your transform and a typical EAD file I could see
about mocking up an EAD disseminator based on our existing work.
Otherwise I could just pull an XSLT from here ...
http://www.archivists.org/saagroups/ead/stylesheets.html ... what
version of EAD are you using?

Let me know.

Don
UPEI

Tyler

Jun 20, 2011, 8:46:44 AM6/20/11
to islandora
That would be excellent. We've recently been using a modified version
of the stylesheets near the bottom of this page:

http://www.ncecho.org/dig/ncead.shtml

I'd send along my current transform, but it's probably too
specifically modified to our current situation. Our finding aids
validate against the DTD. If I were to go snooping around, where would
I find that transform code?

On Jun 19, 10:03 am, Don <don.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ... this is a great thread. Definitely Islandora would support this
> kind of transformation.
>
> If you've already got an XSLT that transforms an EAD xml file into
> something that is web displayable, then you are most of the way
> there.
>
> As an example we use a Fedora disseminator (a service deployment and
> service definition) to generate a web viewable HTML stream for our
> MODS xml. Here's an example  of the output ...http://www.islandimagined.ca/fedora/repository/imagined:208356/-/#tab...
>
> If you send along your transform and a typical EAD file I could see
> about mocking up an EAD disseminator based on our existing work.
> Otherwise I could just pull an XSLT from here ...http://www.archivists.org/saagroups/ead/stylesheets.html... what

Don

Jun 20, 2011, 9:31:05 PM6/20/11
to islandora
Hi Tyler:
Nick had the right idea. You can't add images/files to the google
groups post so I added a post on the islandora.ca site for this
thread. Here's the text of the post below and a link to the post so
that you can grab the files mentioned - http://islandora.ca/eadviewer
. Here's a link to the sample ead collection object and sample ead
objects in our test repo ... no guarantee that it'll be there for
long.

Here's a quick Content Model Architecture (CMA) diagram -
http://islandora.ca/sites/islandora.ca/files/CMA_1.png - that
displays the connections and relationships between the files listed.
For more information about CMA you may want to review this -
http://fedora-commons.org/documentation/3.2/Content%20Model%20Architecture.html

There are probably other approaches for displaying an EAD datastream
in Islandora, but this one uses a Fedora disseminator to transform the
EAD xml into a web viewable HTML and is displayed in the Islandora
framework using .inc file. I've attached a number of files to this
post so that you try to replicate with your own fedora/islandora
install.

path/to/your/drupal/modules/islandora/plugin/ead_viewer.inc

Currently the only thing that the ead_viewer.inc file accomplishes is
the display of the HTML version of the EAD in a tab in the Islandora
interface. The .inc file could be extended to by adding an ingest
method (for adding new EAD records), by adding an EAD XML to DC
transform to automatically update the default DC datastream if
desired.

ead_collection.xml

This is a sample collection object. Collection objects have a special
status in Islandora. It has the following datastreams:

* COLLECTION_VIEW (an xslt that transforms the results from an
ITQL query)
* COLLECTION_POLICY (defines the content models that the
collection can use ... in this case the islandora:eadCModel)
* QUERY (an ITQL query - plain text)
* DC
* RELS-EXT

islandora_eadCModel.xml

This is the content model object that defines what happens to EAD
records in the repository. The ISLANDORACM datastream in content
model defines that datastreams in the EAD objects, display and ingest
methods, and a skeleton dc data entry form. The content model has the
following datastreams:

* ISLANDORACM
* RELS-EXT
* DS-COMPOSITE-MODEL
* DC

islandora_eadDisplaySdep.xml

The EAD service deployment file contains the following datastreams:

* DC
* RELS-EXT
* METHODMAP
* DSINPUTSPEC
* WSDL
* XSL (the xslt that transforms the EAD XML to an HTML file)

Would be a good idea to have a look at each of the datastreams to see
how they are connected.

islandora_eadDisplaySdef.xml

The EAD service definition file contains the following datastreams:

* DC
* RELS-EXT
* METHODMAP

islandora_eadSample1.xml

A sample EAD object ... simple ... only contains the following
datastreams:

* EAD (an xml file)
* DC

islandora_59.xml
another sample EAD object.

You can ingest the .xml objects into your repository and the .inc file
into your Islandora implementation.

Hope this helps ... let me know if it doesn't make sense to you.
Don

Tyler

Jun 21, 2011, 8:47:27 AM6/21/11
to islandora
That's fantastic! I'm going to get to work on it now. I think it makes
perfect sense, but as usual I could be completely wrong. Thanks again!

On Jun 20, 9:31 pm, Don <don.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tyler:
> Nick had the right idea. You can't add images/files to the google
> groups post so I added a post on the islandora.ca site for this
> thread. Here's the text of the post below and a link to the post so
> that you can grab the files mentioned -http://islandora.ca/eadviewer
> . Here's a link to the sample ead collection object and sample ead
> objects in our test repo ... no guarantee that it'll be there for
> long.
>
> Here's a quick Content Model Architecture (CMA) diagram -http://islandora.ca/sites/islandora.ca/files/CMA_1.png -  that
> displays the connections and relationships between the files listed.
> For more information about CMA you may want to review this -http://fedora-commons.org/documentation/3.2/Content%20Model%20Archite...

NBywell

Aug 12, 2011, 5:37:42 AM8/12/11
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Don,

I can access all the files on the http://islandora.ca/eadviewer link except the ead_viewer.inc file. I get the message:

"You don't have permission to access /sites/islandora.ca/files/ead_viewer.inc on this server."

Thanks,

Nick.

Tyler Mobley

Aug 16, 2011, 1:31:37 PM8/16/11
to isla...@googlegroups.com

You just have to right-click and 'save as...' that one, assuming I'm not misunderstanding you.

Tyler

NBywell

Aug 17, 2011, 4:35:38 AM8/17/11
to islandora
Hi Tyler,

I can access it no problem now. I think the permissions must have been
reset.

Thanks.

Nick.

On Aug 16, 6:31 pm, Tyler Mobley <moble...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You just have to right-click and 'save as...' that one, assuming I'm not
> misunderstanding you.
>
> Tyler

Alex Kent

Jul 26, 2013, 3:33:45 PM7/26/13
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Has there been any further development in this area?  I'd definately be interested in seeing where it's gone.

Ernie Gillis

Jun 17, 2014, 3:34:21 PM6/17/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I'm doing research on what modules are available for islandora to properly ingest, and display EAD XML files. This thread gave the most detailed response for me, but I can't seem to get the ".inc" file working that Don posted to the Islandora blog.

It's unclear to me how to get the content, and the ".inc" file properly into my fedora / islandora installation.

The questions I have are:
- where can I check if the ".inc" file is loaded properly? I tried to run "dpm()", but don't see any message that I write.
- for the cModel, the sDep, and sDef, do I install those directly into fedora? I know what they are since I read about them in the documentation, but I haven't worked with creating / ingesting / managing these before. Something I'm really interested in, but need to start with some pretty basic "hello world" tests so I can see more what they do
- is I do install in fedora, what is the best way to do this? I have been doing most of my fedora administration from "fedora.install:8080/fedora/admin"
- lastly (and perhaps most important, I guess), does this tutorial / library / plugin that Don created still work in Islandora 7.x-1.3?

Any other pointers for EAD ingest and output translations would be awesome! :)

Jennifer

Mar 2, 2015, 11:32:00 AM3/2/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
This is something we'd like to do where I work as well. Can anyone share a link to their EAD display? I would like to share this as an example for my colleagues.

Thanks,
jennifer

Donald Moses

Mar 3, 2015, 6:59:02 PM3/3/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ernie:
that .inc file was for the Drupal 6 version of Islandora, so wouldn't be much help with Drupal 7. Likewise the service deployment and definition objects were a very early Islandora6/Fedora method for displaying content using an XSLT transformation. I would definitely not use that work within the Islandora 7 framework.

Tuque and the viewer framework provides much better methods.

You may want to review the notes from the Islandora Archival Interest group[1].  They mention a module that DGI has developed called the Manuscript Solution Pack[2] that incorporates EAD in some manner.  There may be patterns in there that could be reused.

It'd be useful for the community to work with the Archival Interest Group to outline a set of requirements for a module(s) that incorporates EAD.  I don't have any answers really, but mostly questions. What is the desired end ? A method for ingesting EAD that instantiates a series of hierarchical collection objects? To store the EAD within an object? We can potentially do that now (eg. add an EAD datastream to a collection object). Display the EAD itself as HTML or some other derivative?

If you were looking for a simple ingest and display/transformation type module, then you may want to have a look at the Islandora MARCXML module. There's some patterns there for ingesting and transforming a datastream using an XSLT[3].

Best,
Donald

[1] https://github.com/Islandora/Islandora-Archival-Interest-Group/tree/master/meetings
[2] https://github.com/discoverygarden/islandora_solution_pack_manuscript
[3] https://github.com/islandora/islandora_marcxml

Ernie Gillis

Mar 8, 2015, 4:33:51 PM3/8/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Donald and Jennifer,
My question was originally posted prior to several Islandora updates.

The technological specifics (positive or negative) are still of interest to me. The archivist I work with, and I, are signed up for the Archival Interest Group, but other duties and tasks have taken priority concerning the EAD options.

Thanks for the references, and I hope to get back to this as soon as the air clears :)
Ernie

Chris Clement

Mar 10, 2015, 11:25:52 AM3/10/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jennifer,

Here's an example of something we're working on at Drexel (note that this is a development server, so there may see some wonky stuff):

https://ideadev.library.drexel.edu/islandora/object/idea%3A5007

This is one of our finding aids from Archivists' Toolkit. Right now we can ingest other digital objects and associate them with specific entries in the collection inventory, automatically pulling some metadata from the finding aid and associating it with the digital object. Hovering over a link in the collection inventory provides you with a popup of the thumbnail of the associated object. I also have a set of tools for importing finding aids and associated digital objects in bulk. They are currently back-end tools, but I could see them becoming front-end tools as well (similar to current batch upload functionality).

We are currently in the process of modifying the display of the finding aid (re-ordering data, showing/hiding specific values) and pulling additional metadata from the finding aid (like subjects) and associating it with any associated digital objects. We also plan to have search results link to their associated finding aid.

Chris

Alex Kent

Mar 10, 2015, 11:58:26 AM3/10/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I just have to say, that is a really cool layout for the collection inventory.  Being able to browse through it and have an image of the item show up to the right is brilliant, in my opinion.  I used to create EAD finding aids in XML (using Oxygen).  We'd embed XML to display certain images in the finding aid.  The browse you have going for the inventory I think has a lot of potential!

When you say "we can ingest other digital objects and associate them with specific entries in the collection inventory", how are you doing that? Is this in Islandora? I'm very interested in hearing more about how you are doing this.

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Mark Leggott

Mar 10, 2015, 12:05:19 PM3/10/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris and others,

This is a great thread and a very important one for future efforts in the Islandora community, so nice to see.

Chris, this is an awesome example of extending Islandora for a specific use case, and beautifully done! Together with the Manuscript SP from UCLA/discoverygarden and I think we are seeing the emergence a very rich and powerful set of features for archives. I sense a proposal(s) for the Islandora Conference in August, nudge, nudge...

Mark
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---

Chris Clement

Mar 10, 2015, 12:22:08 PM3/10/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the feedback! In the EADs we are using, each level of the inventory (series, item, etc.) has an underlying unique id (I'll refer to it as refid, as the format is "ref###"). I made a management interface that allows you pick which level to associate a digital object with. Once selected, you will see a small form that lets you pick a content model and upload a file. It operates sort of like a trimmed down version of normal ingestion, in that there are no forms to fill out (the metadata for the object being ingested is pulled from the EAD). Both the PID of the EAD object and the refid of the associated level in the inventory appear in the RELS-EXT datastream of the newly ingested digital object.

Let me know if you would like any more details.

Alex Kent

Mar 10, 2015, 12:37:14 PM3/10/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I just want to second Mark's thoughts that in combination with the Manuscript SP from UCLA/discoverygarden (which I don't know much about yet) could be quite powerful, and perhaps could be packaged as a Special Collections/Archives Solution Pack.  I can see a need/demand for it as well.  I'll nudge too and say it could be a great presentation at the Islandora Conference.

The way you have the collection inventory now reminds me very much of actually browsing through a box of records, moving the mouse over them and having something appear to the right is like scanning folders and finding something inside.  I think it's a great way to navigate through the inventory.

Chris I'm very interested in seeing more details of how you are doing this. Feel free to contact me off list, or here.  Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "islandora" group.

Donald Moses

Mar 16, 2015, 8:33:55 AM3/16/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris:

the Drexel work looks really nice.

Would you be able to share the module/solution pack you've developed? I think the community would really benefit from your approach.

Don

Chris Clement

Mar 23, 2015, 2:06:56 PM3/23/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
We are currently working on getting the appropriate approval to open source the module. Once I get news, I'll update this thread.

Chris

Alex Kent

Mar 24, 2015, 8:31:09 AM3/24/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Very exciting, thanks Chris! We are looking forward to seeing it.

Phil Suda

Aug 25, 2015, 11:56:56 AM8/25/15
to islandora
Any updates on EAD finding aids in Islandora?

Thanks,

Phil

Chris Clement

Aug 26, 2015, 2:18:51 PM8/26/15
to islandora
Hi Phil,

We've made a lot of progress in the past few months with respect to releasing the code. I hope to have something out within the next couple of weeks.

Chris
Message has been deleted

Nick Ruest

Sep 1, 2015, 12:47:19 PM9/1/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Nope.

We have York University Digital Library setup with OCLC Digital
Collections Gateway, and our items are available in WorldCat[1].

-nruest

[1]
http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=on%3ADGCNT+https%3A%2F%2Fdigital.library.yorku.ca%2Foai2+YOU&qt=results_page

On 15-09-01 12:41 PM, Phil Suda wrote:
> Just curious, if we get OAI setup with OCLC Digital Gateway, it seems
> like the DublinCore would be available in WorldCat, etc. Am I wrong in
> this estimation?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Phil
> <https://groups.google.com/d/topic/islandora/o73u4P3moEY/unsubscribe>.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send
> an email to islandora+...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/islandora
> <http://groups.google.com/group/islandora>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/d96c8822-322f-4e26-abed-4d772132680e%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/d96c8822-322f-4e26-abed-4d772132680e%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Chris Clement

Sep 15, 2015, 1:40:01 PM9/15/15
to islandora
For those interested, the solution pack is available here: https://github.com/DrexelUniversityLibraries/islandora_solution_pack_ead

Chris

Nick Ruest

Sep 15, 2015, 1:44:58 PM9/15/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris-

Out of curiosity, how would you say the EAD solution pack is different
than using the collection solution pack, creating an EAD form, and
associating that form with an EAD datastream?

...a quick glance of the code gives the impression it addresses some
hierarchy. Is that it?

-nruest
> <https://groups.google.com/d/topic/islandora/o73u4P3moEY/unsubscribe>.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send
> an email to islandora+...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/islandora
> <http://groups.google.com/group/islandora>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/f51a0b4d-318a-44bc-a11a-1e1d5a8ffcc7%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/f51a0b4d-318a-44bc-a11a-1e1d5a8ffcc7%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Phil Suda

Sep 15, 2015, 2:24:17 PM9/15/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I am curious about customizing the DC metadata creation upon ingest of EAD to include more than just title & PID. The OAI to WorldCat Digital Gateway could then pickup a fleshed-out DC record.

Scott Ziegler

Sep 16, 2015, 9:43:33 AM9/16/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
This is excellent, Chris! Thanks for sharing.

Based on the presentations I've seen, I think this will be really helpful for many of us using EADs.

I hope to try it out soon.

Thanks again,
Scott

Best,
Scott

Scott Ziegler, MA, MSLIS, CA
Assistant Head of Technology/Web Development Librarian
American Philosophical Society
105 South 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Telephone: 215.599.4299
Email: szie...@amphilsoc.org

Chris Clement

Sep 16, 2015, 4:53:15 PM9/16/15
to islandora
Hi Nick,

I'm not sure if a form could be created that could fully represent everything that can go into an EAD, mostly due to how complex the inventory section can get. The EAD solution pack lets users upload an EAD exported from another tool (we've tested it with Archivists' Toolkit EAD exports, but haven't had a chance to see how it behaves with EADs from other systems). The solution pack also lets users upload other objects and associate them with specific entries in the inventory. I'm still working on getting an EAD's associated objects ingested into our live site, but hope to have a link (and maybe a screenshot or two of the management interfaces) that I can post here tomorrow.

Chris

Donald Moses

Sep 17, 2015, 8:07:13 AM9/17/15
to islandora
Thanks for sharing this Chris.

I tested it with an EAD XML export from AtoM[1] and with the EAD XML example records [2] from the LoC, but the XML files don't seem to get processed.  I'll download the Archivists' Toolkit[3] and see what happens.

Donald

[1] https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/
[2] http://www.loc.gov/ead/tglib/appendix_c.html
[3] http://archiviststoolkit.org/download/release/2_0

Jennifer Eustis

Sep 17, 2015, 10:44:31 AM9/17/15
to islandora
I've been experimenting only with EADs from Archivist toolkit and these work fine. However, I'm trying to understand how these are indexed. Let's say a user wants to find all the EAD finding aids and your system is using facets based off of MODS. Are the EADs full text searchable? Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Chris Clement

Sep 17, 2015, 4:22:27 PM9/17/15
to islandora
As promised, I've attached a couple images of the solution pack in action. One image shows what happens when you hover over an item in the EAD inventory that has an associated object specified. Note that this finding aid is available to view at https://idea.library.drexel.edu/islandora/object/idea:5007. The other image shows the portion of the management interface where you can view and add associations.

Donald,

Thanks for the feedback. After looking at the EADs from the LoC link and the AtoM demo site, it appears that they don't include a namespace used by some of the XSL in the solution pack, making it appear as if there is no inventory in the management interface. Archivists' Toolkit (and I believe ArchivesSpace) include the namespace, which is why it has worked for us.

Jennifer,

Since the EADs do not have a MODS record with this solution pack, we use a custom stylesheet with FedoraGSearch to pull select values out of the ingested EAD to allow for faceting and searching on things like title or keyword. Right now we aren't doing full text search for our EADs.

Hope that's helpful.

Chris
inventory_w_hover.png
ead_mgmt.png

Jennifer Eustis

Sep 18, 2015, 8:47:40 AM9/18/15
to islandora
Thanks everyone for your comments. I've shared the link with the archivists who are looking at how EADs display currently in our system and things they would like to see. I've also asked them to share their thoughts here as well.

Jennifer

Jennifer Eustis

Oct 22, 2015, 2:53:04 PM10/22/15
to islandora
Hi all,

I installed the Drexel ead module! Awesome by the way Chris! When you are at the table of contents, the user can click on items in the table but there link isn't working. One would think that when you click on an item in the table of contents that you are lead to that section down in display. So I decided to look at the ead to html transformation.

Jennifer

Jennifer Eustis

Oct 22, 2015, 4:52:25 PM10/22/15
to islandora
Update ... for a Drexel example, https://idea.library.drexel.edu/islandora/object/idea%3A6084#toc, the summary information is not linked and I think this might be due to the generate-id(). The other links do work. Though when I ingested a finding aid in my test, nothing linked. I'm using the vm from the directions for islandora_vagrant.

Jennifer

Alex Kent

Sep 8, 2017, 9:58:33 AM9/8/17
to islandora
I am just wondering if there have been any updates on using EAD finding aids/displaying them in Islandora.  Any more examples out there? We have some more interest in this functionality.

Thanks!

Dwayne Collins

Sep 11, 2017, 4:55:19 PM9/11/17
to islandora
We've been playing with a fork [1] of Drexel's [2] module to try and add some functionality with the XML Form Builder as well as linking to existing objects. You can see the results in this partial test Finding Aid: http://digitalcollections.trentu.ca/objects/tula-11822 - it's still a work in progress, though. I'm hoping to work on this over the coming academic year as we hope to migrate our static finding aids into Islandora if this works out.

Cheers,
Dwayne

[1] https://github.com/dmcollins/islandora_solution_pack_ead
[2] https://github.com/DrexelUniversityLibraries/islandora_solution_pack_ead

jbri...@baseballhall.org

Jan 23, 2018, 10:49:30 AM1/23/18
to islandora
Hi all,

Is anyone using the module for the integration of Archives Space with Islandora called Islandora_aspace? My organization is trying to find the best way to present EAD finding aids on our islandora instance.

Thanks!

Jamie

Seth Shaw

Jan 23, 2018, 12:11:53 PM1/23/18
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Although we aren't using the ArchivesSpace integration module you mentioned (we don't have an existing Islandora instance). We *are* in the starting stages of developing an ArchivesSpace-Drupal 8 Integration with Jason Loeffler which we plan to integrate with Islandora CLAW within the next two years.