index mods metadata

tfl...@iit.edu

May 3, 2018, 4:27:28 PM5/3/18
to islandora
Hi!

I'm trying to get my mods metadata indexed by solr. We would like to facet on some mods fields.

Islandora is ingesting items along with mods.xml records but I can't figure out how to index both the dc and mods metadata.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

-tim

Jared Whiklo

May 4, 2018, 3:48:46 PM5/4/18
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

On this page[1] you'll find a note that states

> GSearch and Solr may need to be further configured to index specific
datastreams, depending on the enhancement modules you install. Sample
GSearch and Solr configurations can be found here[2] and here[3].

You'll need to add to the stylesheets contained in your GSearch
configuration.

The linked to sample configurations are good starting places to cover
various use cases.

There is some documentation around Solr and GSearch on discoverygarden's
Github wiki here[4]. Its more than you need but the information is there
to alter your GSearch configuration.

Long story short you have an XSL that runs for each object, that XSL is
inside
${TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/fedoraGSearch/WEB-INF/classes/fgsConfigFinal/index/

From there you should find the existing stylesheets. This is also where
you would add new ones, like those from the suggested base solr
configurations.

Others with more experience with GSearch on this list might be able to
help further.

cheers,
jared

[1]
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA/milestone+6+-+Installing+Solr+and+GSearch
[2] https://github.com/discoverygarden/basic-solr-config
[3] https://github.com/yorkulibraries/basic-solr-config
[4]
https://github.com/discoverygarden/basic-solr-config/wiki/Install-Solr-and-GSearch
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/fa2a3dc7-29c3-4032-85ef-e59aa5a37668%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/fa2a3dc7-29c3-4032-85ef-e59aa5a37668%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of coloured ribbon. --
Napoleon Boneparte

signature.asc

tfl...@iit.edu

May 7, 2018, 5:02:34 PM5/7/18
to islandora

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

A couple things...

To set up gsearch I followed the instructions located here.  There isn't really anything in the documentation about the discovery garden basic config.  In any case, I wasn't using the discoverygarden configs.

I've added the slurp all mods xslt to my foxmlToSolr.xslt

Enter code here...<xsl:include href="/usr/local/fedora/tomcat/webapps/fedoragsearch/WEB-INF/classes/fgsconfigFinal/index/FgsIndex/islandora_transforms/slurp_all_MODS_to_solr.xslt"/>

I also added all the discoverygarden basic config transforms to FgsIndex/islandora_transforms

I then deleted shut down solr and fedora, deleted my solr collection index, restarted and reindexed.

My mods fields still aren't showing up. I feel sort of stuck and I'm not sure what else to try.

Thanks.

-tim

dp...@metro.org

May 8, 2018, 9:45:46 AM5/8/18
to islandora
Hi

This is a great guide to get you started (Written and Maintained by the great Giancarlo Birello). Some people say it is the islandora deployment bible!

In specific, if you follow this

and you just change passwords and some little things around you should end with a fully working gsearch with mods and rainbows.

Also, Plan B, if you follow our vagrant machines installation script (bash!! no crazy meta languages!)
You can gt yourself a pretty good idea of how gsearch is automatically deployed there.

Hope this helps, same questions arise every 3-6 months, which means we need to make our documentation better.
Let us know if we can help you further

Best

Diego Pino
Metro.org