Documentation Interest Group Meeting

dric...@utk.edu

Sep 21, 2017, 10:16:35 AM9/21/17
to islandora

Time to start the Islandora Documentation Interest Group back
after a long hiatus.

Normally we do it on the 4th Tuesday of the month, I have  a conflict but it's probably critical we meet soon. Does anyone have a suggestion or object delaying it by a day? September 27 @3pm

Some starting topics:
  • How should we refer to the step of deleting (purging) an object to make it unambiguous that we are actually making it gone gone, not just setting it to the state deleted, while also easily understandable to a non-expert?
  • In all our README.md's we say "For more information see the wiki" and link to this module's wiki page. In almost all cases, the wiki contains no further information. Should we perhaps flesh out how we use the wiki vs the readme, and could explanations of common 'gotchas' be a use case for the wiki over the readme (I'm not saying we shouldn't accept this PR - I think it's a good improvement to our documentation - but it spawns a bigger potential improvement on how we document.)
  • Open Discussion and Q&A

Janice Banser

Sep 21, 2017, 12:49:26 PM9/21/17
to islandora
HI Don,

Unfortunately, I am not available Wed, Sept 27 in the afternoon. Thur, Sept 28 is wide open for me.

Janice

Robin Naughton

Sep 21, 2017, 5:04:21 PM9/21/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Don,

I can do the September 27 @3pm, but have flexibility to do the 28th as well.

Thanks,
Robin.

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

dric...@utk.edu

Sep 25, 2017, 11:39:32 AM9/25/17
to islandora
How about September 28th at 1pm?

Janice Banser

Sep 25, 2017, 11:41:32 AM9/25/17
to islandora
That works for me.
Janice

dric...@utk.edu

Sep 25, 2017, 12:59:13 PM9/25/17
to islandora
Robin, are you able to make it on Sep 28th @ 1pm EST?

Yamil Suarez

Sep 25, 2017, 3:03:36 PM9/25/17
to islandora
Hello,

I am new to the Islandora community and DIG, but I have worked on a little bit of CLAW documentation. I can do the September 27 at 3pm EST, less free on the 28th. If I cannot make it this time I will review the meeting notes/minutes and follow up.

Later,
Yamil

On Thursday, 21 September 2017 07:16:35 UTC-7, dric...@utk.edu wrote:

[...]

Robin Naughton

Sep 26, 2017, 3:31:42 PM9/26/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com

Yes, I can make it.

Thanks,
Robin.

Robin Naughton, PhD

Head of Digital

(212) 822-7325 | rnau...@nyam.org

The New York Academy of Medicine

LIBRARY

1216 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10029

NYAM.org

--

For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Robin Naughton

Sep 28, 2017, 12:45:19 PM9/28/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can someone forward the meeting info?  Are we using Skype?

Robin.

Robin Naughton, PhD

Head of Digital

(212) 822-7325 | rnau...@nyam.org

The New York Academy of Medicine

LIBRARY

1216 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10029

NYAM.org

dric...@utk.edu

Sep 28, 2017, 12:56:30 PM9/28/17
to islandora

Robin Naughton

Sep 28, 2017, 1:06:01 PM9/28/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Having some Skype issues but should be in shortly